PDA

View Full Version : Come Join My Whine & Cheese Party ...

lizzywednesday
03-29-2013, 10:58 AM
... OK, I lied.

There's no cheese, but plenty of whine.

Today is my birthday (this is not the whine part) and ... here's the whine part:

(1) I have my period
(2) DD woke up with an EPIC load in her pants
(3) DD is exercising every bit of determined, stubborn, independence that she can ... all.the.time.
(4) It's sunny outside and I want to go out!
(5) My laptop is refusing to stay connected to my WiFi
(6) My laptop is ALSO refusing to acknowledge being hard-wired to my modem

Other than that, life's actually good, but I just want to whine a little.

Feel free to add your whine to the carafe, too.

candybomiller
03-29-2013, 11:04 AM
No whine, but how about a virtual birthday cake? Happy birthday!!

BabyBearsMom
03-29-2013, 11:06 AM
Happy birthday!!!!!

TwoBees
03-29-2013, 11:16 AM
:hug:
My birthday (just recently) sucked too. I know the feeling. Here's a fruity cocktail and here's to hoping the rest of the day (and week, and year) is better.
:54:

gatorsmom
03-29-2013, 03:22 PM
Happy birthday! :cheerleader1:

My whine is that I got my period before bed last night and today I have the worst cramps I've ever had. The ibuprofen won't touch them.

lmwbasye
03-29-2013, 05:24 PM
Happy Birthday!!!!

I could add a bunch but here's the top three on my mind these days (in the most pressing order):

1) I haven't seen my DH in 213 days. It's slowly killing me. I miss just holding his hand.

2) We just found out that we are going to have a nearly impossible time getting our sweet boxer to the UK with us. We may have to re-home her which will break all our hearts.

3) I haven't had more than 5 hours of sleep in I don't know how long and have recurring nightmares when I do. I'm seriously sleep deprived, home scholing, and prepping for an international move all on my own. And I'm just tired.

niccig
03-29-2013, 07:49 PM
Happy Birthday.

My whine is that I got my butt kicked by a midterm yesterday. It took me too long to do all the reading and I didn't have enough time to memorize it all. I was able to wing the previous exam, this one not so much.

I'm starting to study for the final tomorrow and it's not for 6 weeks. I'll need all that time to study.

hillview
03-29-2013, 07:57 PM
Wow ALSO got my period. Epic cramps 24 hours ago. Missed my lift I wanted to get today (95 lbs) and have a cold so stuffed up. Cannot eat raw fruit or veg for 5 days (colonoscopy). SIGH Please pass the whine

lizzywednesday
04-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Well, for those of you who were worried my birthday was going to suck, I want to reassure you that it didn't.

We went out to dinner as a family. DD, full of birthday cupcake from a school-friend's birthday party, didn't eat much more than a few handsful of rice and a sip of my miso soup, which is fine. She won't starve. But ... it did mean she needed to get up every 2 minutes to go look at the indoor koi "pond."

The thing that DID suck was ... the cupcake that DD ate had so much green icing on it that her poop was green for the next 2 days. If I didn't have qualms about being "that parent," I would write a quick note to the daycare asking them to remind parents food coloring can be an allergen. (Or something like that.)

I'm sorry to all of you who had worse things to deal with this weekend.

And to lmwbasye, I have no idea how you do it, but I wanted to thank you for giving me some extra insight into what a military wife like my Aunt Pat might have gone through. (Uncle Charlie was never deployed, but they did move around quite a lot during his career with the Navy. They enjoyed their time in England a great deal; it was their last assignment before heading states-side and retiring.)