PDA

View Full Version : tent or something similar for nap time

echoesofspring
03-29-2013, 03:03 PM
DS has turned into such a little climber in the last month. The only way we can get him to nap at home or at daycare is in his peapod. And he takes a 2 or 3 hour nap still, so he definitely is not ready to drop the nap. Week 2 of doing this and we've already had 2 times of forgetting it at daycare before the weekend, forgetting to take it back if he was home sick, etc. So I need to get a 2nd one, but due to the recall they aren't available right now. Price seems much, more than we paid on Ebay. Any other suggestions? TIA!

annex
03-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Do you have room for a bigger tent at home? e.g. here's a 1 person pop-up -

http://www.amazon.com/Pop-up-Dome-Tent-For-Person/dp/B009JUJ6ZW

Love our PeaPod.

newg
03-29-2013, 04:54 PM
Looks like Phil and Ted make a similar tent. Reminds me of a PnP with a lid :)
Does he try to get out of the Pea Pod at all? If not, I saw a cool thing on Pinterest where you can turn a PnP into a tent....but I'm not sure there is a way to "close" it.

YouAreTheFocus
03-29-2013, 05:17 PM
How about a sleepsack? Worked for us!

echoesofspring
03-30-2013, 02:18 AM
Thanks everyone. I might have found one on CL, or check out the Phil and teds or adult tent. I thought about a small adult tent, but wondered if they maybe are more weather proof/less breathable/hot, and we don't need that since we're always inside.

We've moved to sleepsacks with foot holes for nighttime when we converted his crb and I think don't think he'd go back to regular ones for naps, the ones we have are too short anyhow.