PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have PT for scar tissue from delivery tear?

MSWR0319
03-29-2013, 06:59 PM
I went to the OB/GYB today because the 3rd degree tear I got from DS2's delivery (11 months ago) still hurts pretty badly during sex. It even pulls sometimes during Zumba. I wasn't sure what I was expecting, but she says there's definitely a lot of scar tissue and is sending me to physical therapy for it to help soften it up. Anyone had this done?? The thought of physical therapy down there is not sounding too fun to say the least. I don't even know what to expect.

SnuggleBuggles
03-29-2013, 07:17 PM
I had PT for weak pelvic floor after ds2. Not my favorite thing but beneficial. So, not quite the same but same location. ;)

sntm
03-29-2013, 10:31 PM
Yes. Combo of pelvic floor exercises and scar massage. Very helpful

lalasmama
03-29-2013, 11:41 PM
Haven't had it for scar tissue, but have had pelvic PT for painful arousal (pelvic congestion). They did bio-feedback (basically, sensors on my thighs and butt crack that could tell how well I was doing kegals, and would take me through a workout routine of those muscles), massage (similar to the stretching movements some providers do while a woman in laboring, as well as butt- cheek massage), and education about general good pelvic floor care.

I adore my therapist for this. I still have some minor pain, but nothing like it was before. I promise--the first 5 minutes is weird, and then it's no big deal!

MSWR0319
03-30-2013, 11:36 AM
I promise--the first 5 minutes is weird, and then it's no big deal!

I really hope your right about this!! I"m super modest and am severely nervous about this!!

lalasmama
03-31-2013, 01:20 AM
I really hope your right about this!! I"m super modest and am severely nervous about this!!

My PT's name was Mandi. Mandi and I became quick friends, as I think is normal under such conditions. She started off with a lot of chatting the first time around to get me comfortable--some talk about my intimate life, but also about things like pooping, stress, and other issues of that general area. Some people keep tension in their shoulders or lower back... apparently I keep mine in my hoo-ha :bag ... Once we figured out that the tension down there was causing a lot of general pain and dysfunction, we would generally do about 5 minutes of relaxation exercises (tensing, pushing, pushing more), and then move into the bio-feedback, and then whatever else.

The whole time it was like talking to my best friend, and 75% of the time, she was not in visual contact of my girly area. Typical times she would see down there would be when she was starting the stretching massage, and placing the butt-cheek sensor for the bio-feedback. Otherwise, I was covered with a sheet.

Wear a long t-shirt if it will help you feel more covered (it did for me). That way, I had a long t-shirt on, as well as a sheet, instead of a shirt stopping at my tummy!

american_mama
04-15-2013, 04:06 AM
I had PT for pelvis floor weakness and would recommend it, but did not have as positive an experience as then other posters. My PT was too friendly and the environment not medical enough to make me feel comfortable being so exposed. However, for me, most of the time was not spent with any contact between us occurring. And when it did occur, I will say that my PT knew her field well and I learned a lot about muscle tension, etc.

Someone else on the boards mentioned some similar PT that was very contact-oriented. She was super happy with her PT and the results so I'd say focus on why you are ding it. It sounds like this is exactly the treatment you need to make a big improvement in your life and that is a big reason to overcome embarrassment.