PDA

View Full Version : Being sick on a holiday sucks.

sarahsthreads
03-31-2013, 06:16 PM
DD2 has been sick since late Thursday night with a fever. Her fever broke last night and we thought maybe we could still pull off a relatively normal Easter with my family, but she spiked a fever again around lunchtime. DH offered to stay home with her and let DD1 and I go, but I realized right around that time I was feeling kind of chilled and crappy. Yep, I've caught whatever it is that DD2 has.

So DH and DD1 are off at my grandparents' house with all of my cousins and aunts and uncles and my parents and brothers...and DD2 and I are having a Barbie movie marathon and eating toast for dinner. I'm still dressed in my cutest maternity top with my prettiest necklace on because I can't quite bring myself to admit I'm not going to see my family and enjoy a delicious meal with them all. We all manage to get together in one place so rarely.

Happy Easter.

Not.

:crying:

Oh, and it will be so thrilling to have DH going out of town for work for the next three days while I fight off what I just watched DD2 go through and take care of two kids and a dog at the same time. Yep. Fun.

Sarah

queenmama
03-31-2013, 06:21 PM
:hug: I know just how you feel. We were sick for both Thanksgiving and Christmas, and DD pulled an all-nighter (slept two hours and then up for seven!!) last night, so we have been missing all of the holidays.

It is seriously depressing.

sarahsthreads
03-31-2013, 09:30 PM
Aww, I hope you get some sleep tonight! DD1 used to do those all-nighters too and they are absolutely horrid. DD2 loves her sleep way too much to have ever voluntarily given it up.

There's always Mother's Day?

(DH is out of town for Mother's Day weekend too. But maybe you'll have better luck than me!)

Sarah :)

belovedgandp
03-31-2013, 10:21 PM
Right with you this year. DC1 went down very early Saturday morning puking. I was hoping he'd be OK for our stuff not until noon and later today. But he spiked a fever last night. DC3 woke up with a fever today. I was ready to take DC2 to the family dinner by myself until DH went down with aches late this morning.

The three of them on the couch and me trying to keep DC2 occupied.

It stinks. No cute pictures for us this year. First time in forever it was nice outside too.

KpbS
03-31-2013, 11:27 PM
So sorry you are under the weather and the day wasn't as it should have been. I hope both of you are feeling much better soon! :hug:

crl
04-01-2013, 01:36 AM
:grouphug:

Catherine

Mommy_Mea
04-01-2013, 05:56 AM
I feel you! We all came down with some sort of stomach virus this weekend, so no cute Easter clothes, no egg hunt with the cousins, and no special dinner with family. we had nothing Easter at home for various reasons, so it felt like just another normal day, which was sad :-( hugs!

sarahsthreads
04-01-2013, 08:59 AM
I'm sorry for everyone else who missed out on Easter due to illness. I feel badly that I even complained about it when I discovered that a good friend's father passed away yesterday afternoon after a long bout with cancer. Talk about perspective. :(

DH promised that next weekend we'd have a mini do-over for our family: cook a small ham and try to figure out what it is my grandma does to those scalloped potatoes that makes them so ridiculously tasty. I'm tempted to toss the girls in their Easter dresses later this week and go get a couple of sheets of portraits of them at the mall...I haven't had actual "real" portraits taken of them since DD2 was 4 months old. :bag

Let's all hope for a healthy April, right?

Sarah :)