PDA

View Full Version : Given a referral to a dr different than what I requested/still on the thyroid issue

JustMe
04-01-2013, 07:47 PM
So, I have been posting about my hypothyroid-like symptoms with normal labs. I am deciding to pursue this, as I am concerned and feeling even worse lately. I sent an e-mail to my dr's office through their on-line patient e-mail system, which I have never used before asking for a referral for a specific endo. who looks at both symptoms and labs They e-mailed me back they put a referral through for a different endo; he is actually located in their bldg. No mention of why not the dr I requested, nothing. There is not even a signature, so I don't know if the dr, triage nurse, or someone else wrote the e-mail. The dr they referred me too has written an article on thryoid functioning for our local newspaper (saw it in an on-line search), but it is very focused on making sure to get your labs checked frequently after a certain age; says TSH is a very sensitive test, etc.

Would you write back and say something/persist in the original request? I have been able to schedule an appt with a gyn. who also specializes in these issues that seems to fit the bill. I will see him on Fri. Would you just try that and take it from there?

FWIW, I am not looking for an easy fix, but something is not right and I don't think I should have to feel this way.