PDA

View Full Version : BTDT nursery dresser question

spannaz
04-01-2013, 08:57 PM
I am debating between two Ikea Hemnes dressers for the nursery. I'm leaning towards the larger one, but does a baby need that much storage space? I also like the larger space on top for a changing pad, lamp etc. but if I don't need that many drawers, saving a bit of money and getting the smaller one would make DH very happy, lol.

What do BTDT moms think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abh5e8
04-01-2013, 09:02 PM
well, a baby doesnt' need much space...but they quickly become a toddler and a preschooler and a big sibling :) so I say go for the bigger one now, if you have the space in the room.

SnuggleBuggles
04-01-2013, 09:18 PM
well, a baby doesnt' need much space...but they quickly become a toddler and a preschooler and a big sibling :) so I say go for the bigger one now, if you have the space in the room.
Yep! By age 5-6, their clothes get so much bigger that you really need more space. Till then you can put other stuff in the drawers.

edurnemk
04-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Go for the bigger one. There's no way I would make do with 3 drawers.

acmom
04-02-2013, 06:37 AM
Yep! By age 5-6, their clothes get so much bigger that you really need more space. Till then you can put other stuff in the drawers.

:yeahthat: my DD is 4.5 and is outgrowing her dresser that was in her nursery already. I would go with the bigger one!

Swallowbird23
04-02-2013, 08:36 PM
definitely the larger one. You'll be surprised how fast it fills up. Also, if you use it as a changing table, you can always use a drawer or two for diapers, wipes, creams, etc. I like everything to be "put away" out of sight.

spannaz
04-02-2013, 11:25 PM
Thanks everyone. It seems unanimous so we'll go with the larger one. Now to find some cute knobs to spice it up :D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk