PDA

View Full Version : Leaking months after weaning?

blueperidot
04-02-2013, 01:21 PM
I weaned in November when DS turned 2. I didn't pay much attention the past 4 months but just assumed that I was no longer producing milk- I've certainly seen no evidence of it for months. This week I noticed that I had what looks like a milk blister and when I looked closely, milk droplets starting coming out of my nipple. Definitely milk- not other discharge.

Is this normal? Any reason to be concerned? I am definitely not pregnant.

hillview
04-02-2013, 03:39 PM
normal. For me it was a year before this totally stopped.

mommylamb
04-02-2013, 03:42 PM
I weened in December, and I'm still producing too.

BabbyO
04-02-2013, 03:46 PM
I never stopped between my two boys. I weaned Stachio at 13 mo...got pg when he was about 18 mo. I never fully dried up.

I weaned Peanut in September and I still leak occasionally and I definitely can get milk droplets no problem. I think it is pretty normal.

lalasmama
04-02-2013, 04:50 PM
I stopped pumping many many months ago--maybe 8 months or so?--and still have leaks on occasion. For what it's worth, though, I've been leaking since my first pregnancy 13 years ago, and it's never stopped.

hellokitty
04-02-2013, 04:55 PM
Yeah, this is normal. I have heard of women still having milk a yr after weaning. I weaned my youngest around last Sept and I think my milk has finally dried up. However, sometimes I still get this weird tingly let down kind of feeling out of nowhere, but not leaking.

123LuckyMom
04-02-2013, 06:02 PM
It's normal. I BF for over two years with DS, and it took a really long time for my milk to dry up. It was at least six months, maybe even longer!

sunnyside
04-02-2013, 09:56 PM
I nursed with both breasts for about 1.5 years and just the right for another 1+ year. Sometimes the left still produces milk and it's been a year since DD nursed with it.

blueperidot
04-02-2013, 11:48 PM
Thanks for all your feedback. I'm glad to know its normal- but holy cow, I never realized this would happen!