PDA

View Full Version : How long to wait before taking my business elsewhere?

WitMom
04-02-2013, 02:15 PM
I need your opinion. I submitted a custom request to a "mom business" (vinyl lettering) through her website. When I didn't hear anything back, I contacted her via Facebook. She responded right away and said she hadn't received my request, and that I should resubmit. I resubmitted the weekend of March 24th and again didn't hear anything. I tried contacting her by Facebook again on Saturday the 30th and she has not responded this time. How long should I give her? I want to give her the benefit of the doubt, but I also have a timeline I'm trying to meet.

Giantbear
04-02-2013, 02:18 PM
without any other connection to this business, ie owned by a friend, i would say two days ago

sunshine873
04-02-2013, 03:17 PM
It sounds to me like either she's not interested in earning your business or is very unorganized. Either way, it's time to move on.

edurnemk
04-02-2013, 03:34 PM
It sounds to me like either she's not interested in earning your business or is very unorganized. Either way, it's time to move on.

:yeahthat:

s7714
04-02-2013, 03:51 PM

:yeahthat: You've given her two chances, I think that's plenty.

WitMom
04-02-2013, 04:47 PM
OK, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being too demanding. I have used this mom's site in the past for non-custom projects and she was great. Maybe she just isn't interested in custom work. Thanks for verifying that I'm not being unreasonable in terms of follow-up/communication.

ahisma
04-02-2013, 05:00 PM
Have you paid? If not, move in. If so - yikes.

WitMom
04-02-2013, 06:11 PM
Nope, haven't paid. Since it's a custom project, I was waiting for a price quote. So good news!

momm
04-02-2013, 06:25 PM
:yeahthat:
And you should totally let her know why you are taking your business elsewhere.