PDA

View Full Version : Any landscaping ideas for a triangular yard

janine
04-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Our neighbors to our left put up an (ugly) fence which now separates us and they also placed it right on the property line which is angled (and not in our favor). So our backyard has a triangular feel to it meaning our patio/backyard would be the long end of the triangle with our left (if facing out to our backyard) angling to a point so that that side appears o be one side the pointy end of a triangle. The right side is more straight so maybe it appears more likea 45 degree angle if facing out. The far back is not fenced off so visually looks open but with that lovely left point jutting inwards.

I plan on getting a landscapes to help us out (if they are skilled at this!) but does anyone have ideas on creating illusions. It is also fairly narrow so we can't go to crazy otherwise we will be closed in. But the triangular feel is really driving me crazy!

rin
04-02-2013, 03:00 PM
I would consider hiring a landscape architect to help you with a design. The cost is not very much, many will do an initial consultation for free, and they can help you with creative ideas to work in all kinds of awkward spaces.

mikala
04-02-2013, 03:31 PM
I would consider hiring a landscape architect to help you with a design. The cost is not very much, many will do an initial consultation for free, and they can help you with creative ideas to work in all kinds of awkward spaces.

:yeahthat: They can also help guide you to the plants that work best for your climate and maintenance needs. Some friends just went through this and it made a tremendous improvement to their yard.

janine
04-02-2013, 03:35 PM
:yeahthat: They can also help guide you to the plants that work best for your climate and maintenance needs. Some friends just went through this and it made a tremendous improvement to their yard.

Thanks, you're both right. There are just dozens and dozens when I search the web and trying to figure out who is more architect vs. landscaper as we need alot of help!

rin
04-04-2013, 12:55 AM
Thanks, you're both right. There are just dozens and dozens when I search the web and trying to figure out who is more architect vs. landscaper as we need alot of help!

Most states require landscape architects to be licensed (usually with a four-year degree), so you can look up a list of everyone holding a landscape architecture license in your state. "Landscaper" can mean anything from some guy with a truck and a lawnmower to a major company that does stonework and prunes trees, so I hear you on it being confusing!