PDA

View Full Version : Magazine subscription

kristenk
04-02-2013, 07:18 PM
I love Family Fun magazine. I think it has great ideas suitable for a wide age range. It's great!

With that said, it appears that my current subscription is set to run out when DD (my only child) is 16.5 years old. :bag:irked::6::hysterical:

I kept getting renewals talking about not letting my subscription run out and I never went back through to actually look closely to see when it was set to expire. I sorta thought that they were sending the renewals b/c my subscription was going to expire within a reasonable time frame, not just while my child was still a minor residing at home.

I'm not convinced that they didn't just make a mistake on their part or they had some sort of deal going where I paid for a 3-year subscription and ended up with 6 or something. It makes me feel better to think that at least.

Almost 7.5 years left. I can't believe I did that.

sarahsthreads
04-02-2013, 08:00 PM
I think your subscription expiration date is printed on the mailing label with each issue, but yeah, this drives me nuts! I get the "hurry, your time is running out to renew!" mailings starting about 2 years before my subscription is set to run out. And then a year before I get "last chance! renew now so you don't miss any issues!" mailings. It seems like such a huge waste of paper, and it's really irritating!

If you have no use for it down the road, maybe you could "change your address" to a friend's house (with younger kids)? Or donate them to your pediatrician's office?

Sarah :)

BunnyBee
04-02-2013, 08:15 PM
You can change it to another magazine by the same publisher or get a refund. :)

kristenk
04-02-2013, 08:28 PM
Sarah - Um, yeah. My label says "SEP20". Sigh. My subscription will make it to the next decade! lol

I didn't know that I could switch it to another magazine (or get a refund). That's good to know. I still want to keep it for now (and, really, for the next several years).

Pennylane
04-02-2013, 08:59 PM
Ha, ha! My Parenting subscription ends when my oldest is 18 :)

Ann