PDA

View Full Version : Stuffed animal from old shirt?

logan's mom
04-02-2013, 09:58 PM
A friend of mine just lost her husband. They have 2 kids, ages 7 & 9. I *know* that I saw somewhere where you can make a stuffed animal out of an old shirt. (I was thinking of dad's old shirt turned into stuffed animal for each of the kids). This is beyond my sewing skill set but I know I can find someone who can do it if I can find an example.
Anyone know what I am talking about?
Or even better, know of an etsy store where I can send in the shirts and they will make them?

KLD313
04-02-2013, 10:03 PM
A memory bear. My mother got me one made out of my fathers shirt. It is so nice. I can get you the name of the person who made it if you're interested.

KLD313
04-02-2013, 10:08 PM
I just walked by the bear and grabbed the name.

http://www.tammybears.com/custom.html

logan's mom
04-03-2013, 08:27 AM
Exactly! THanks so much!!!

gatorsmom
04-03-2013, 09:55 AM
Etsy has lots of people that make those little animals. I can't recommend one though since I've never had one made.

I wanted to also suggest that if your friend has lots of her dh's clothes, she could have memory quilts made with some or all of the scraps. I did this for my kids and niece and nephew with bits of my parents and grandparents clothes.

Meatball Mommie
04-03-2013, 11:10 AM
I've never heard of doing this before, but I love this idea! I checked out Tammy's site and she even makes them out of fur coats! My mother passed in 2001 and left me her full length mink coat, which is SO not my style. It would be so wonderful to have teddy bears made from that coat instead!

Thanks for sharing!

KLD313
04-03-2013, 11:24 AM
I've never heard of doing this before, but I love this idea! I checked out Tammy's site and she even makes them out of fur coats! My mother passed in 2001 and left me her full length mink coat, which is SO not my style. It would be so wonderful to have teddy bears made from that coat instead!

Thanks for sharing!

That would be awesome! Tammy really did a beautiful job. She asked to see a pic of my dad in the shirt and she had a little hang tag on the arm that was handwritten and said love Daddy that about sent me over the edge. I'm crying now just thinking about it.