PDA

View Full Version : Kindle Fire or Nook HD-HELP

elaineandmichaelsmommy
04-03-2013, 12:34 AM
After today with the kids i think i'm going to pull the trigger. Which one would you pick.

Tondi G
04-03-2013, 01:13 AM
KINDLE FIRE!!!! We have 2 , not the HD version and we love them! Our neighbors asked around before they made a purchase and ended up buying a Nook. When it died they got themselves a Kindle fire and are MUCH happier with it.... I tried to tell her to get the Kindle the first time around!

Gracemom
04-03-2013, 08:21 AM
I love my Kindle Fire. There is a Free Time Unlimited option for the kids that is good to have also. My kids love reading books, watching videos and playing games on it.

rlu
04-03-2013, 01:50 PM
DS (we) have a nook hd and we're happy with it. You can have several profiles on it, so one for DS , one for me and one for DH. DS's profile is a child setting so I could turn off the web access so no accidental purchases.

I do have trouble downloading books from our public library onto the nook. I've no idea if it would be any easier on a fire since I believe both go through overdrive which seems to suck, but maybe it is a nook issue and not an overdrive issue. Anyway, I have a workaround so I am able to download books from the library, it just takes a few extra steps.

So far we have only bought apps through bn.com (angry birds, where's my perry, fruit ninja, and dogpile are his favs) but since the nook is android based, I believe I can buy apps elsewhere, just haven't done so yet.

I don't belong to Amazon Prime which I think does give the fire a bunch of free videos/tv shows, etc., but I'm sure someone else could speak more knowledgably about that aspect.