PDA

View Full Version : In a funk any ideas for me?

ExcitedMamma
04-03-2013, 01:11 PM
Not sure how to word this but I'm in a funk and could use some advice. I can't seem to lose any of the baby weight and I hurt all over and just feel awful about how I look. The weight seemed to fall off after DS but not this time. I think I'm hurting because of the extra weight and nursing day and night. DD won't sleep in the car or the carrier so its impossible to get out of the house. We were going to sleep train her to sleep in her crib and it started off great for two nights and then she got sick so I want her with me. We are now at six weeks of everyone sick and thanks to weekly pediatrician visits I know it's new viruses every time since it started with the flu. I feel so awful that DD has been so sick, she needs breathing treatments 3x day and back to pediatrician tomorrow. She's now been sick and to the pediatrician more than DS ever has in three years. I feel awful that I'm not getting more time with DS. DH and the house are also neglected. DD will only sleep in my arms and she's only sleeping 30-45 min at a time. She wants to back to sleep within an hour of waking up.

Any advice on losing the baby weight? DS isn't in preschool so I have no idea why we have all been so sick this year when we usually aren't. Anything I can do to help keep us from getting DD sick? Can anything be done to get a baby to sleep in the car or a carrier? Any advice on getting through this?

SnuggleBuggles
04-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Do you really need her to sleep when you are out, provided she isn't screaming the whole time? If she is content, I'd just go on with your day. Can you wear her?

I recommend a gym membership. Even if she isn't terribly happy in babysitting, she'll survive and you'll feel better if you get some exercise and a break.

buttercup
04-03-2013, 01:35 PM
I'm the last person to give weight loss advice as i seem to hold on to it for about 3 yrs post baby. But I know I cannot even find the mental energy and spare will power to embark on weightloss until I am getting sufficient sleep.

Are you taking any fishoils? i'd add those.

gatorsmom
04-03-2013, 01:36 PM
Do you have a double stroller? When my kids were that age, I got some quiet time, got in shape and started to lose weight by walking with the little ones in the stroller. It sometimes took all morning to get them ready but once got out the door, they seemed lulled by the passing scenery and kept quiet or slept. It was wonderfully uplifting. There are some wonderful clear canapies you can buy to fit over your stroller that will keep the kids suoer toasty warm while you walk. Some moms in the stroller forum can suggest some of the newer ones.

Bring some headphones and listen to some uplifting music. You'll feel like a new person. :)

these ages are hard. It won't last forever. :hug

hillview
04-03-2013, 01:50 PM
do you think you might have some PPD? I found I needed to focus on sleep (for me) with my kids at those ages. Can you get some help so someone else can take DD and you can spend some time alone or with DS? Take it easy on yourself. I also found that with DS2 weight took a while to get off. It will go away eventually. Try to not be too negative about yourself (you just had a baby!).

amom526
04-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Similar age kids here-you need to find a way out of the house. Ds2 is also a bad napper. But he naps in the carseat if he is in a tight swaddle and I rock him. put the swaddle blanket under the buckle, buckle, then swaddle arms. I do this with the Velcro swaddlers which are very thin. He also only sleep for 45 minutes at a time, so I agree you are kind of stuck unles you can get her to sleep somehow while out. But even if you just do super short outings, or sit outside the house for a few minutes it will help.

I can't lose weight while nursing my giant baby, im just too hungry.