PDA

View Full Version : Quick!!! One day only at DL. Park hopper or just DL?

katydid1971
04-03-2013, 09:03 PM
We decided to throw a day at DL on the end of our San Diego trip. We have been here before and felt that park hoppers were a waste, thinking it would be better to give one day to each of the parks. It's so hard to hike between the parks I think it's better to just stay at one. I'm having second thoughts though because we misses the Cars area at CA last year (it opened after our trip). Is the Cars area worth the higher price and the PIA hike or should we just stay at DL all day with DC's favorite rides and save ourselves the time and money. This is tomorrow April 4 so I need advice ASAP.

sariana
04-03-2013, 09:15 PM
We haven't been to Carsland, but I would skip the Park Hoopers. There is plenty to do in the original park. And it will be crowded (Spring Break here).

SnuggleBuggles
04-03-2013, 09:21 PM
In the end, I couldn't justify $150 extra dollars for Carsland, Soaring and a few other rides. I didn't do it. It was already painful buying 1 day tickets. Now, if I had no budget concerns, I totally would have done the park hoppers. It was just too much for my budget though.

Still-in-Shock
04-03-2013, 09:31 PM
Your children are getting to go to DisneyLand! Not every kid gets to do that, it's special, it's expensive, and you are doing something wonderful. No explanations or apologies required!

Enjoy! (I insist)

katydid1971
04-03-2013, 11:32 PM
I talked to DS and told him we wouldn't see it this time and we would come back in a year or two. He's fine with it. DD is still little enough to not really know the difference;)
Thanks for the feedback.

BayGirl2
04-04-2013, 12:04 AM
Well I'm big on park hopping, did it almost every day. The gates are like 100 yards apart so I don't see how that's a hassle at all. I think Carsland and DCA in general are totally worth it, especially if you've already been to DL.

My suggestion for one day if you're planning to do the morning at DL is to hop over there in the late afternoon. Try to get WOC FP's if they are still available (near Grizzly River Run), catch the Pixar parade if its early enough. Then go walk around Carsland, ride the 2 smaller rides. (Skip Radiator Springs Racers if FP's are gone.) Eat dinner outside at Flo's V8 cafe, you sit by the gas pumps (CS). Time it so you are there about 30 minutes before sunset and watch as the neon lights are turned on. Walk around DCA after dinner by going through the wharf area. Ride Ariel's, grab a drink at the Cover bar. Then catch WOC if you can - either in a FP viewing area or from outside, standing in front of Ariels. To me DL in the am followed by this in the pm is the perfect combo.

Sounds like you made your decision though, so have a great time! Just wanted to weigh in my thoughts.

AnnieW625
04-07-2013, 01:51 PM
We are looking at going again at the end of the month right before DD2 turns 2 and I am sure my girls would love Cars Land, but honestly when we had our passes we only spent two half days exclusively at DCA pre Cars Land. I would rather spend a full day at DL than pay a lot more for retail park hopper passes unless I can find a good So Cal resident deal on 2 day park hoppers (and wcs just have to buy a single day pass for DD2 who will have just turned 3)