PDA

View Full Version : Suggest a bag for me! (1 year old and 5 year old)

sophie80
04-04-2013, 11:18 AM
I am looking for a good weekend diaper bag/mommy purse for times I am out with my 15 month old and 5 year old. I need something that can accommodate snacks, sippy, water bottle, and toddler supplies. Since DD is older, I don't feel like I need a huge "diaper bag" and I don't want to spend a ton. I'm at work during the week, and it would be awesome if I had some kind of system where I could trade things in and out? Like a bag I could use sugar snap files in or something? Or maybe just a separate bag? I'm having so much trouble staying organized!

Some options I have been considering: Skip hop versa, skip hop duo, vera bradley, or a PPB sashay satchel. I adore JJB bags, but I'm not sure I can justify the cost for something that definitely screams diaper bag.

mikala
04-04-2013, 11:26 AM
This might be a little small for your needs but I really like this REI bag. It hold two water bottles, diaper/wipes, snacks, my wallet. http://www.rei.com/product/827995/rei-tranquility-shoulder-bag-womens

TwoBees
04-04-2013, 11:27 AM
I love the Skip Hop versa. I got it when DD was around 1 1/2, 2 years old, and I still use it (she's almost 3 1/2). I think a file folder would fit nicely in the back pocket if you remove the changing pad (I have removed mine we no longer change diapers, and I usually carry a small pad of paper in there for drawing or a travel Aquadoodle, the Pottette Plus, and sometimes coupons. I don't use it for work, but it would probably fit all my work stuff if need be.

Kindra178
04-04-2013, 11:47 AM
These may be too expensive but what about the MZ Wallace bags? Kate or Jane would work well for what you need. If you sign up for their emails, there are often sales.

acmom
04-04-2013, 02:05 PM
This might be a little small for your needs but I really like this REI bag. It hold two water bottles, diaper/wipes, snacks, my wallet. http://www.rei.com/product/827995/rei-tranquility-shoulder-bag-womens

I bought this bag in green for our trip to Disney World and really like it. I have been getting more use out of it than I thought I would. It was perfect for Disney and I have been using it around town when we go to the gym, park, playgrounds, etc. I still use my Coach Maggie bag a lot for other things (the mall, out to dinner, etc)., but this is a nice lightweight, casual option to have when I'm with the kids. I just switch my wallet.

larig
04-04-2013, 02:19 PM
I like the Overland Equipment Donner bag. Holds 2 water bottles (in side pockets). Big inner pocket, can accommodate a full-sized iPad, and random snacks, etc. a diaper...The front flap I use for my stuff--phone, wallet, lipstick, pens,...I really like this bag, and I love that the straps don't slip once you've adjusted the length--I had a series of bags that had that problem.

ang79
05-03-2013, 08:52 PM
Love my Vera Bradley Pleated Tote as a mommy bag (my girls are 4 and 6 and I baby-sit an 18 mos. old week days). The two outside pockets hold sippy cups, water bottles, etc. I use an organizer inside (Posh Mommy) to help organize little things like first aide stuff, tissues, snacks, etc. Its big enough to hold stuff for work too, so maybe you could put kid stuff in a purse organizer, then take that out if you want to use it for work?

I just won a JuJuBe BeHip on Ebay that I'm waiting to get. Some patterns are only $40 on Amazon and the JuJuBe website right now. It looks plenty roomy, and very stuffable, and is supposed to be lighter than most of their other bags.