PDA

View Full Version : 10 Classic Children's Books for $13

elbenn
04-04-2013, 01:32 PM
Groupon Goods has a set of 10 classic children's books for $13, with free shipping. Anyone familiar with this brand of books? They look really cute and vintage and similar to Golden Books.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-junior-elf-10-book-collection-1?c=all&p=21

logan's mom
04-04-2013, 01:39 PM
not familiar but free shipping is only if you spend $15 or more. Otherwise it's $2.99 shipping

bostonsmama
04-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Meh. Check this kind of book out from the library and spend your $13 on a book or pair of books your child will really love.

2.5yo DD loves big hardbacks with large, well-illustrated pages and a good story about something she's interested in (dogs, cats, animals, young girls, families loving on their kids, or kid adventures). None of those titles would fit the bill.

YouAreTheFocus
04-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Meh. Check this kind of book out from the library and spend your $13 on a book or pair of books your child will really love.

2.5yo DD loves big hardbacks with large, well-illustrated pages and a good story about something she's interested in (dogs, cats, animals, young girls, families loving on their kids, or kid adventures). None of those titles would fit the bill.

From your response I expected a bunch of no-name, weak titles. Color me surprised when I clicked the link and saw a collection of timeless, well-loved children's classics. My 3.5 yo's PS class LOVES these fairy tales, any version. I can't speak to the physical quality of these books, but the titles are nothing to scoff at.

Blue Hydrangea
04-04-2013, 03:39 PM
We have that set, it was a baby shower gift.

That said, we have it because it was a gift, but I wouldn't buy it.

The fairy tales are are older versions, and some are downright scary! The ugly duckling talks about suicide- not my style and difficult to read to DS, even with parental editing while reading.

geminimagk
04-04-2013, 04:21 PM
They look like Little Golden Books, but with a silver spine.