PDA

View Full Version : Help- my 14 mo. Old washer repair estimate $1451!!! (New was $800 on sale)

Jen841
04-04-2013, 10:24 PM
My 'quiet' washer is noisy! We did not buy the extended warranty. The rear bearings need replaced. To add fuel to the fires we gave away our working dryer and bought a matching/stacking HE set. Following up with the maker. May only have to pay labor...which will still be@500? Any ideas how to get this resolved without hitting my wallet so hard?

mikala
04-04-2013, 10:33 PM
My 'quiet' washer is noisy! We did not buy the extended warranty. The rear bearings need replaced. To add fuel to the fires we gave away our working dryer and bought a matching/stacking HE set. Following up with the maker. May only have to pay labor...which will still be@500? Any ideas how to get this resolved without hitting my wallet so hard?

If the company doesn't respond well through customer service I'd consider going the social media route on their FB page or wherever. You might also plead your case with the retailer.

May I ask which brand you purchased? It's never a good sign when an appliance costs more to repair than it did new.

3isEnough
04-05-2013, 12:01 AM
What was the warranty - 1 year? If so, if you purchased with a credit card the cc issuer likely doubles the warranty. Check the terms of your cc and see if you can make a warranty claim that way.