PDA

View Full Version : Crafty Parents: Best place to buy ribbon to make hair bows?

PMJ
04-05-2013, 08:17 PM
I think I need some large, some medium, and some 3/8" gross grain ribbons.

I am by no means a super crafty person, but I want to give this a shot, and try to make a few bows for DD.

Where would you recommend is the best price to buy these?

So far I've gotten a few from Michael's - but you can only use one coupon per day, seriously a pain!

thanks

newg
04-05-2013, 10:03 PM
JoAnn fabric!!!! You can use as many coupons as you've got in your hand.....plus they take all crafty competitor coupons. I swear I walked in with 11 coupons once and they took them all....paper and email/phone coupons.

Now that being said, Hobby lobby (if you have one) has a lot of really nice "boutique" looking ribbon and if you time your weeks right, all of their ribbon will be 50% (which is at least once a month), so you won't even need a coupon.

I usually buy my basic ribbon and super skinny ribbon at Joann and the "fancy" ribbon at Hobby Lobby.

Have fun!!

kellyd
04-05-2013, 10:26 PM
I've had trouble finding the ribbon I need at craft stores. For online shopping I'd suggest theribbonretreat.com they have instructions AND they sell kits w/ coordinated ribbons.

ArizonaGirl
04-06-2013, 12:30 AM
I also suggest looking at the scrapbooking section of Michael's and JoAnn's because it is less ribbon (only going to make a couple of bows) and it is usually $1 a roll.

HTH