PDA

View Full Version : Buildabear now has.....

Melaine
04-06-2013, 12:24 PM
MY LITTLE PONIES!!! Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. My children freaked! No more stuffed animals for us now but I thought some of you guys might want to know.

Seitvonzu
04-06-2013, 12:27 PM
we made the mistake of going in this week.... our "olivia cat" had a burst seam and needed to be resewn.

long story short, olivia got new rainbow shoes (2 pairs, because- she's a cat.... *sigh*) and A PINKIE PIE (with cotton candy scent)

we are another "no more stuffed animals" house. apparently these aren't supposed to be around for long, but i'msure that was just a ploy to get me to BUY NOW :)

(i would have preferred lu get rainbow dash, but she was immediately and unwaveringly attached to miss pinkie pie)

Melaine
04-06-2013, 12:31 PM
I would like to know how long they are available bc I would probably stash them away for Christmas or b-day. The girls are trying to sell some old toys on CL so maybe they would want to buy them with the proceeds.

Seitvonzu
04-06-2013, 12:33 PM
i asked at the store, because i thought this perhaps could be a "nana" moment for my DD , but they told me they were supposed to only have them A WEEK.

when i looked incredulous, they did confess that they just got a shipment of them (it was thursday ofthe "week"they were supposed to have them)-- but they did say "you might want to buy unstuffed and bring it in later"

YMMV

Melaine
04-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Really? The email did say this was MLP week but I can't imagine the toys being that short lived. even seasonal stuff lasts way longer than that. HMMM....then again I expect there is a huge demand since mlp is so popular. Oh dear.

Nooknookmom
04-06-2013, 12:39 PM
we made the mistake of going in this week.... our "olivia cat" had a burst seam and needed to be resewn.

long story short, olivia got new rainbow shoes (2 pairs, because- she's a cat.... *sigh*) and A PINKIE PIE (with cotton candy scent)

we are another "no more stuffed animals" house. apparently these aren't supposed to be around for long, but i'msure that was just a ploy to get me to BUY NOW :)

(i would have preferred lu get rainbow dash, but she was immediately and unwaveringly attached to miss pinkie pie)

They resew animals? Who knew after all these years.

Do they charge? One of DD1's bears that passed down to DD2....had a run in with our German shepherd! Actually DD gave it to him to "play" with.

DD2 LOVES build a bear, she could live there. A rabbit just followed us home.

anonomom
04-06-2013, 01:18 PM
I saw this, but my pony-crazed DDs haven't yet. I'm torn because they both love BaB, but we don't need any more toys.

Seitvonzu
04-06-2013, 02:09 PM
well--- our cat was fairly "new" when she split open! i couldn't believe it frankly, because she wasn't super "well-loved" or anything (that's mild.... my daughter doesn't play hard with anything ESPECIALLY a stuffie that wasn't even on her bed (she calls that her "class" and basically she just moves them gently around to "centers" in her room during rest time)

so i took her and asked and they just took her, fixed her and gave her back :)

it did get us in the store where i managed to spend 44 dollars though ;)(

so -- it doesn't hurt to ask!

4 of our 5 build-a-bears were from nana/papa. it took to number 4 for us to actually get to a store to "build" the stuffie---PINKIE PIE is pretty much all on me :(

waitingforgrace
04-06-2013, 02:13 PM
BAB has fixed our "friends" any time they get a split seem. We have a beloved puppy who has been injured a few times.

Melaine
04-06-2013, 03:46 PM
We have also had a couple of free repairs. I have sewn animals up before but they do a better job and have always been really nice about it.

Tenasparkl
04-06-2013, 08:57 PM
I'm glad they don't have Twilight Sparkle or Princess Celestia because we'd have to go for one of those two.

LizLemon
04-06-2013, 10:07 PM
I'm a bit off-topic here, so I apologize if this is a threadjack, but what age is BaB appropriate for? What is the youngest age child that would, in general, get something out of the experience? The My Little Ponies sound cute but I'm wondering if we are bit on the young side for the forseeable future - particularly if it's only the next week. Thanks!

Melaine
04-07-2013, 04:34 AM
I'm a bit off-topic here, so I apologize if this is a threadjack, but what age is BaB appropriate for? What is the youngest age child that would, in general, get something out of the experience? The My Little Ponies sound cute but I'm wondering if we are bit on the young side for the forseeable future - particularly if it's only the next week. Thanks!

My girls first went when they were 3. It was younger than I planned but their grandparents took them on a visit. It was really special because my inlaws live in China. They still play with those bears often. 4-5 might be more ideal age-wise.

twowhat?
04-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Oh, man! I just googled for pics - those are adorable and my girls LOVE Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. I will be avoiding BaB for sure LOLOL. They are so expensive and such a parent trap! We've only been to BaB once...at Disneyland...but now that the girls know what it is...

I would like to know how long they are available bc I would probably stash them away for Christmas or b-day. The girls are trying to sell some old toys on CL so maybe they would want to buy them with the proceeds.

Were you able to find this out? I could see getting these for bday gifts. The girls would LOVE those shoes too...

AnnieW625
04-07-2013, 11:37 AM
We took DD1 to BaB when she was almost 4 to make a bear for DD2 who had not been born yet. Then we have taken her twice since she turned 6, once to make bears for her friends (basic $10 bear) and the other time to get the Hello Kitty animal she and DD2 got for Christmas. DD2 was not quite 2/1/2 the first time she went and didn't make a bear but she really wanted to. She was 2 yrs. 8 months when she filled the Hello Kitty animal.

MamaMolly
04-07-2013, 11:49 AM
A WEEK?!?! Holy crap I've got to go NOW. Like TODAY!!! I thought they were going to stay a long time, but oh well. I'll buy them unstuffed and then come back for the fun part when we need to. BaB is my go-to bribe when we have a really bad doctor or dental appt. (shots, blood draws, or fillings).

MamaMolly
04-07-2013, 06:47 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaa!!! I went today and they were completely out of Rainbow Dash. :(

MommyofAmaya
04-07-2013, 09:54 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaa!!! I went today and they were completely out of Rainbow Dash. :(

We are not very experienced with BAB. Is there a reason why you don't want to buy it online? The FAQ says to that you can ask to have it shipped unstuffed in the notes. The most basic Rainbow Dash is $36.50. Shipping is $5.00 and there is a code on retailmenot for $5.00 so it seems like a win-win unless I'm missing something. That seems so pricey for what you get though--but it's all about the experience right? Is it cheaper in the store? I'm hovering over the buy button for DD's bday and can't decide.

ETA: I got that wrong. The plain Rainbow Dash is only $24.

MamaMolly
04-07-2013, 10:29 PM
I love the BaBs. We only have 4 (two for each girl) but I think the clothes are so much fun. It reminds me of my Snoopy doll and all the clothes I had for him when I was little.

Also for the money, I think the BaB clothes are really great. All our stuffed animals get shoved into the dresses at some time or another, and my girls are quite fond of tip-toeing around in the bear shoes. Yes, their feet hang out but I think that is part of the fun. :) The clothes are well made, my almost 3yo can dress the bears herself. Unlike Barbie. Or (*#($#* Polly Pocket.

Anyway, I might do an online order. Tempting....

KrisM
04-07-2013, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the reminder. I forgot about this! I need to decide which to order DD. I am thinking unstuffed for her birthday.

MommyofAmaya
04-07-2013, 10:43 PM
I ordered a plain Rainbow Dash and the rainbow cape separately so that I can return it if DD decides she wants to dress her in something else b/c I imagine they will be sold out of both by her birthday in May. Going to to the mall is a huge chore to me so I'm happy to skip that step. Thanks!

twowhat?
04-27-2013, 08:40 PM
I'm bumping this because I ordered a plain Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash a few days ago. I was sure they would come unstuffed (in order to make people come into the store and get roped into buying accessories) but to my delight they came stuffed, and the box included the cardboard houses!

They are ADORABLE with plenty of brushable hair and the girls are going to LOVE them. We were just at the mall today and walked by a BaB where DDs dragged me in because right away they spotted Pinkie Pie. This store was all out of Rainbow Dash but had plenty of Pinkie Pies left. DD2 almost left in tears because she asked me to buy her a Pinkie Pie and I told her "not today" LOL. DD1 (who likes Rainbow Dash) was quiet the whole time...probably because there was no Rainbow Dash. Now the question is, can we wait until their bday to gift them? :)

cckwmh
04-27-2013, 09:44 PM
I was at the store today and was told they plan to stock rainbow dash for a year, but once the current supply of pinkie pie is gone, they will not be receiving any more. The next limited edition pony will be out in June, but they would not tell me which one. DD is hoping for twilight sparkle.

emily_gracesmama
04-27-2013, 10:54 PM
I hate the thought of more stuffed animals but my girls are into mlp now on tv and if they have hair to brush I think they'd get played with more. I foresee a mall trip.

army_mom
04-27-2013, 11:58 PM
I did not know you could order them unstuffed so thanks for posting that! Just ordered one of each pony in case they are sold out when we get to the store. I've never actually built a bear but my niece used to tell me about all her trips and I wondered why anyone would order one online and take all the fun of stuffing it yourself-now I know :p (or I suppose it saves money from the temptation of all the accessories....)

Clarity
04-28-2013, 02:19 AM
I dropped $85 at BaB on two MLP last week. Since then, DD2 has asked her daddy if "we can go back to BaB and spend a lot of money?" :innocent:

I would have never known about the ponies if not for the BBB. And here I thought that this place was supposed to SAVE me money. ;)

Melaine
04-28-2013, 09:20 AM
I dropped $85 at BaB on two MLP last week. Since then, DD2 has asked her daddy if "we can go back to BaB and spend a lot of money?" :innocent:

I would have never known about the ponies if not for the BBB. And here I thought that this place was supposed to SAVE me money. ;)

:rotflmao:

dogmom
04-28-2013, 10:28 AM
I was at the store today and was told they plan to stock rainbow dash for a year, but once the current supply of pinkie pie is gone, they will not be receiving any more. The next limited edition pony will be out in June, but they would not tell me which one. DD is hoping for twilight sparkle.

They're doing more? OK, is it gong to be unicorn Twilight Sparkle or Princess Alicorn Twilight Sparkle? There was a comic moment in our house when season 3 of MLP came out on Netflix and my DH asked to be called to the living room when we were watching it so he could work on his laptop and keep up on his MLP.

Seitvonzu
04-28-2013, 11:19 AM
oh lordy heaven.... i think we'll avoid build a bear for a while after our pinky pie debacle. i CANNOT have a child who becomes a b-a-b collector. no way!

Melaine
04-28-2013, 11:27 AM
I heard the same thing at my BAB about RD being kept and PP being limited. We can't afford to plunk down $50 on BABs right now so I help Pinkie Pie hangs in there until I sell some stuff on craigslist!