PDA

View Full Version : Places to look for big kid beds?

acmom
04-07-2013, 01:42 PM
We just took the side off my DS's crib to convert it to a toddler bed and are now starting to look at big kids beds for his room. He needs both a bed and dresser. He has a PBK crib and DD has a PBK bed and we are considering some of those again, but wanted to check other options.

We want dark wood and are hoping to use this until the teenage years. A low footboard would be a plus since he will most likely be pretty tall like DH.

Where would you recommend looking? (no Ikea close unfortunately).

crl
04-07-2013, 01:59 PM
We have been really happy with our bed and some other furniture we bought at a local (now closed :( ) unfinished wood furniture store. They were able to order a huge variety of things beyond what they had in their shop and were able to have things finished in the finish of our choice for an extra charge. I love ikea but the quality on the pieces we bought from the unfinished wood furniture store is higher and the price wasn't much more.

Catherine

twowhat?
04-07-2013, 02:37 PM
We just bought some PBK beds and I am pleased with the quality. They have some sales going on now so it's probably a good time to look...we ended up with the Catalina which was a similar price to one we were considering from Basset Furniture. ($399).

mackmama
04-07-2013, 07:58 PM
Room and Board has nice dark wood options. PBK too.