PDA

View Full Version : Closest good mall to downtown Chicago?

mom2binsd
04-07-2013, 10:04 PM
My best friend and I are spending Memorial Day weekend in Chicago, staying downtown. I think she might want to hit Target/Kohl's and a mall...to get to stores not on Michigan Ave. What's our best bet? We have a car. She has a flight in the late afternoon on Monday so I was thinking we might just go on the way to O"Hare and keep stay downtown the rest of the time (Friday night to Sunday.)

Kindra178
04-07-2013, 10:13 PM
Old Orchard is not that far from O'Hare. It's a straight shot up 90/94 to 94. Old Orchard has an LLB, Janie and Jack and the usual mall stores. As to Target and Kohl's, those are a few blocks from each other in Chicago, near the intersection of Damen/Fullerton/Clybourn. There are generally a ton of other Targets in Chicago.

mom2binsd
04-07-2013, 10:33 PM
I was thinking the same thing, that Old Orchard might make the most sense. Glad to hear it's easy to get to. I tend to come in on 55, park near Michigan Ave, shop/whatever and head home....rarely do I drive except up to Lincoln Park Zoo.

There shouldn't be too much traffic on the Monday with it being a holiday...of course you never know!

azzeps
04-08-2013, 12:03 AM
I'm not sure what stores it has now, because it's been 5 years since I lived there, but when I was a Chicagolander, my mall was Oakbrook Center, which is west of the city. Have a great time!

arivecchi
04-08-2013, 07:54 AM
The other option is Woodfield Mall, which is about 20 minutes from o'hare. Have fun!