PDA

View Full Version : Is this touchscreen laptop a good deal? It expires at midnight..

jerseygirl07067
04-07-2013, 10:51 PM
It's the "Today's Special Value" on QVC for a Dell Touchscreen Laptop with the option of adding MS office 2013 for $749, and includes lifetime tech support and lifetime Norton antivirus (I'm assuming the get the upgrades of anti-virus for free)

I know you can get cheaper laptops, but I really would like a touch screen to use Windows 8 but still want a full size keyboard. I really don't want a tablet, and even so, they're pricey. This would be our main computer for personal use.

My old PC is a Dell, and on it's last legs, but it's about 12 years old and has run so well. We currently have a very low end HP Pavillion laptop that I will give to DH for when he is away during the week. It has Windows 8 and I hate it without the touchscreen feature.

The TSV expires at midnight....I never even watch QVC, or TV for that matter, but stumbled upon this earlier tonight. Is it worth it?

jerseygirl07067
04-08-2013, 12:56 AM
Well, I resisted my impulses...though it looked like a good deal. I imagine if we wait until the holidays to get a 2nd laptop prices will keep coming down on touchscreen laptops.

unlisted
04-08-2013, 07:39 AM
I think it would depend on the hard drive, how many USB ports and all the other specs. Although too late now, did you compare to anything online at Amazon?