PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for a fun at home party for my 8 yr old dd!

Pennylane
04-08-2013, 03:26 PM
I never have at home parties because I am not creative at all and it stresses me out ! She is having 4 friends over for a sleepover. I would love some game suggestions, fun food ideas, anything! She loves One Direction and asked for plates and decorations with them on it, but I don't think they make them yet. We do have a nice movie room, so I am planning on doing some type of movie for the girls.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Ann

Tondi G
04-08-2013, 03:35 PM
I don't think they have OneD party supplies out yet. I think Ebay is going to be your best bet to try to tie that into the theme. Maybe get a one direction poster to hang and then some fun streamer colors to decorate with. Maybe run with the movie thing. Target usually has plastic "popcorn" cups in the dollar spot. maybe get each child a box of fun candy or a bag of M&Ms and a single pack of microwave popcorn as their party favor.

You could always work some manicures/pedicures into the evening. They could do a little spa thing .... a foot bath/soak, then a pedicure. Maybe a facial mask and some cucumber slices to put on their eyes.

Looks like ebay has One Direction cups you could get each kid a cup as a favor. They have chocolate bar wrappers. Cake topper.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=one+direction+party+supplies

truly scrumptious
04-08-2013, 03:40 PM
How about a One Direction dance party? Or karaoke?
Or some kind of trivia game based on One Direction?

jenmcadams
04-08-2013, 03:45 PM
If you're ok with somewhat messy, Tie-Dye shirts would be cool. You could even iron-on/buy 1D logo'd T's and then tie-dye them. I did a huge backyard tie dye party a few years ago and got all my supplies at Dharma Trading: http://www.dharmatrading.com/tie-dye/

georgiegirl
04-08-2013, 04:03 PM
We had a cooking party for DD's 7th birthday party. We had 5 girls come (that's all we invited). We first decorated aprons and chefs hats with fabric markers (their favors), then they made individual pizzas and fruit kabobs, then at the end they decorated cookies. In between we had 2 games...jellybean tasting and this game I made up where they had to move mini-marshmallows from one big bowl to small cups across the room using random kitchen utensils (huge hit!). We also opened presents (between dinner and decorating cookies.)

rachelh
04-08-2013, 04:10 PM
Not along the One Direction theme but I made DD a faux sleepover party last year. She was turning 6 but I think you can make one geared towards older girls. Everyone came in their pajamas. We served breakfast food (ie pancakes, cereal, etc.) but you can also have the girls make their own banana splits/sundays, flavored popcorn, watch a movie, give manicures, etc.

I love planning parties! If you want more info on what I served and gave out let me know

unlisted
04-08-2013, 04:15 PM
They could make pizzas for dinner. You can have them Roll out the dough and put the toppings on.

Melbel
04-08-2013, 04:21 PM
My DDs love spa, craft and dance activities.

For spa, we have done manicures, "facials" with cucumbers (great for party pix; we were careful to get facials supplies that were very gentle), and pedicures

For craft, we have decorated $1 flip flops with jewels, decorated cupcakes, made picture frames (added group photo of girls)

For dance activities, you could incorporate One Direction (songs, posters). We had black lights, lava lamps, glow sticks and a disco ball. The girls did freeze dance and jump the creek in this area.

Enjoy!

ETA - there are plenty of One Direction party supplies on etsy (including party packs): http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?q=one%20direction%20party&view_type=gallery&ship_to=US

squimp
04-08-2013, 04:27 PM
Scavenger hunts are really fun at that age. Inside or outside, depending on the weather. At least one clue for every girl.

SnuggleBuggles
04-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Just Dance! Get or borrow a Wii or Kinect.

ellies mom
04-08-2013, 04:43 PM
For DD1's 9th birthday, we made lip gloss (http://www.kissnaturals.com/KNWP/united-states/?lang=en#!/~/category/id=3924034&offset=0&sort=normal), bottle cap magnets (could be jewelry) and decorated lavender sachets. Shrink-a-dink jewelry would also be fun.

Someone here posted a mystery party idea a while back that sounded fun (http://www.dramaticfanatic.com/mystery-party/). American Girl used to also make historical doll mystery parties but you need to hunt them down on Amazon.

missliss55
04-08-2013, 04:52 PM
My DD#1 has done a spa party for her last 2 parties and they have been SO much fun. We are super crafty so we love doing parties at home. We had little paper sleeping masks made for the invitations which said what time the party (AKA appointment time). We had a local hair stylist put tinsel, feathers in their hair and then do a cute hairstyle. We also had someone doing manicures and pedicures. All the girls received robes when they walked in (found them on clearance at Target for $5...major score). We also had flip flops from old navy and they decorated those by tying on ribbons. We had a relaxation room (AKA living room where we can kid magazines), all kind of different spa food (like crossants, fruit in a waffle bowl, little bottles of water, mini cinammon rolls, veggies), a table where they could do facials and masks and they also decorated a picture frame with different kinds of beads. We hit up the dollar store for favors (nail polish, sleeping masks). Everyone had a great time. DD#2 wants to do it for her birthday this summer.