PDA

View Full Version : Going on vaction w/o DD - what info to leave?

Liziz
04-08-2013, 11:37 PM
DH and I are going on vacation in a couple weeks. DD will be staying home with my parents. We'll be out of the country, trip is 5 days (Mon-Fri). While DH and I would be reachable in case of emergency, it may not be immediate (several hours), and we do not plan to call to check-in, chat, etc.

Can you help me think through what I need to do in advance/prepare, etc? I swear there was a recent thread about this, but I can't figure out what to search to find it.

Here's what I have already:

Basic outline of DD's typical routine throughout day
Info about what DD eats, food ideas
Medical - Pedi office #, preferred hospital in case of emergency, and we'll have a POA in place before we leave for medical decisions
Dog's feeding schedule and vet info
Contact info for our resort in case of emergency
Alarm system code and company contact in case it goes wonky

Am I missing anything? I plan to go over car seat usage in detail with them before we leave, but I don't really think I need anything written down for that -- I'm confident they'll do fine w/o, especially because this isn't the first time they've gotten "the talk".

Thanks in advance!

crl
04-09-2013, 01:13 AM
Along with the medical information, leave her insurance card.

Catherine

jam224
04-09-2013, 04:20 AM
Recent thread, et voila! http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=455881

SnuggleBuggles
04-09-2013, 07:54 AM
I included things like where spare batteries and light bulbs, how to work the cable/DVD/video games and other helpful house info. Lists of fun places to go.

lhafer
04-09-2013, 08:07 AM
I left a signed letter (found the template online) stating who could make medical decisions for her in an emergency. I also left a copy of our living will.

Liziz
04-09-2013, 09:10 PM
Recent thread, et voila! http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=455881

Ah ha! Yep, this is the one I was thinking of -- thanks!

Liziz
04-09-2013, 09:11 PM
...thanks everyone, some things I hadn't thought of!