PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of drinking..... with sad update

doberbrat
04-09-2013, 10:58 PM
I SOOO wanted one THIS MORNING!! (how sad is that?)

dd2 woke me up at 5:30. Thats the middle of the night to me since I went to bed at 2:30.

dd1 woke up at 6:20 and STILL managed to be 20min late for school. And, threw such tantrums all morning that by the time we did get to school, when she refused to go through the door that a parent was holding open for her b/c she didnt get buzzed into the school, I grabbed her arm and all but pushed her into the door.

arrived 15min late to a toddler program that was listed on the agenda as being 2h but was over after an hour.

Only to find out I'd locked my keys in the car. Fortunately dh was able to come and unlock the car for me.

Went to TJs since we got out of the program early, and I was looking in the trunk for my shopping bags when I heard the car door slam and a thud/scream. DD2 shut her finger in the car door. After a few hours, she started using the hand but I'm still not sure its not broken.

and thats all before lunchtime!

the tantrums have been so awful lately that I actually went out and bought wine coolers afew weeks ago for the days when I need to relax. Unfortunately, I didnt get around to putting them in the fridge and no matter how frazzled I was, drinking a warm dacquari wine cooler in the middle of the day by myself was just a little too pathetic even for me. and the wine I keep stashed in the downstairs fridge for days when I need a few sips finally went bad

So the rest of that day was fine, but yesterday I get a call - please pick dd1 up at the nurse's office b/c she collided with another kid during gym and has a bloody nose. Oy Apparently, it was a bloodbath - I got calls from 2 other moms b/c their kids had gone home and told the tale. I'm starting to think its broken. This am it was very swollen and she's got the start of 2 shiners. and she says it feels stuffy on one side.

I'm afraid to let the girls go to gymnastics given that bad things happen in Threes......

and I'm still not convinced dd2's finger isnt broken. She still wont bend it and its still purple and swollen. I'll see how gym goes and then probably end up bringing in both girls over the weekend.

jgenie
04-09-2013, 11:21 PM
Ugghhh... I hope your day ended better than it started. Hope your DDs hand is okay. :hug5:

gatorsmom
04-09-2013, 11:24 PM
Wow, yeah that is a bad morning.

Some virtual wine for you. Cheers! :54:

Where is the smilie for hanging on a tropical beach with a pina colada?

Twoboos
04-09-2013, 11:37 PM
That is truly a horrid morning!

I just wanted to say that DD2 had her fingers shut in the car door last year, right around this time actually. I figured it had to be broken - it was the most horrible crunching noise. But she was just fine. I couldn't believe it! Hopefully your DD is all right, too.

ellies mom
04-10-2013, 02:07 AM
Yeah, I can relate to that. My morning was fine but the afternoon. Yikes. My youngest had a huge fit because her sister ate one of the four cookies she had. One. So she is throwing this huge fit while there is still 1.5 cookies sitting right next to her. Her sister offers to get her another cookie from the pantry and she is still throwing a fit because it is not the same cookie. Oi, child.

There is more but it is a bit hard to explain. Apparently, my girls got into some sort of issue with the neighborhood bully/liar kid. But they weren't really the victims and it wasn't really a case where they were just standing up for themselves either. Sigh...

Anyhow, I'm on my second beer and enjoying my Doctor Who stroll (watching all of the new Doctors in order but too slowly to be a marathon).

liz
04-10-2013, 06:57 AM
holy cow, that is truly a crappy day. I hope that today is better!! :54:

elephantmeg
04-10-2013, 07:46 AM
wow-that's crazy!

doberbrat
04-12-2013, 02:30 PM
quickie update in op

Indianamom2
04-12-2013, 04:49 PM
Oh my goodness...your first post was a doozy, but your update....Oh my! I truly hope that nobody has a broken anything and that everything else goes smoothly from here on out. :hug:

hillview
04-12-2013, 06:12 PM
Oh my goodness...your first post was a doozy, but your update....Oh my! I truly hope that nobody has a broken anything and that everything else goes smoothly from here on out. :hug:
:yeahthat::22: