PDA

View Full Version : Next (Online) Lands End Sale?

SoCalMommy
04-10-2013, 01:49 AM
Specifically looking for swimwear (kids) and unfortunately missed friends and family. Any idea when they might have another sale?

Need to order for an upcoming trip so hopefullysooner rather than later.
TIA!

94bruin
04-10-2013, 03:30 AM
I believe there is a swimwear sale going on right now. My catalog is in the car, so I can't double check at the moment. I think it said until the 15th.

Pennylane
04-10-2013, 07:30 AM
Yes, 25% off everything for the beach and free shipping over $50.

Ends 4/15

PM me if you need a code. Mine says good for a friend.

Ann

Mim
04-10-2013, 08:03 AM
FYI, be very very wary if you are planning to buy this season's girl swim suits. Although they are cute, the way the crotch is cut renders them completely useless!!!!

I have a very tall skinny 8yo girl who has literally worn nothing but LE slim suits her entire life. This year, however, I saw a bunch of reviews slamming the cut of the crotch for the girl suits. We were in Wisconsin last week so I dragged DD into a LE Store to try them on instead of my usual online purchases (stand-alone stores in WI, they carry every style).

OMG, the crotch cut is INSANE...you will see all "privates". We tried every style, multiple sizes, slims, regular, everything. All useless apart from the "boy trunk/shorts" style (which DD didn't like). I mentioned it to the LE staff, showed them and they were stunned too and said "no wonder the girl swimware isn't moving". Honestly, I cannot imagine what would be exposed on a girl with more flesh than my string bean....

Thankfully I've stocked up from end of the year sales in the past. Surprisingly, a suit I picked up just to check at Justice last weekend fit great. How sad when Justice is 100x more modest than LE!!! LOL! (Okay, not really about modesty bc I'm sure LE wasn't trying to expose little girl crotches!).

Otherwise, yes, there is a swim sale going on now!

-mim

SoCalMommy
04-10-2013, 10:50 AM
Mim, thanks for the heads up. I was actually looking at toddler bottoms to wear with a rash guard for my DD. Has anyone seen this problem with the toddler separates? she will have a swim diaper on underneath.

Pennylane
04-10-2013, 01:00 PM
FYI, be very very wary if you are planning to buy this season's girl swim suits. Although they are cute, the way the crotch is cut renders them completely useless!!!!

I have a very tall skinny 8yo girl who has literally worn nothing but LE slim suits her entire life. This year, however, I saw a bunch of reviews slamming the cut of the crotch for the girl suits. We were in Wisconsin last week so I dragged DD into a LE Store to try them on instead of my usual online purchases (stand-alone stores in WI, they carry every style).

OMG, the crotch cut is INSANE...you will see all "privates". We tried every style, multiple sizes, slims, regular, everything. All useless apart from the "boy trunk/shorts" style (which DD didn't like). I mentioned it to the LE staff, showed them and they were stunned too and said "no wonder the girl swimware isn't moving". Honestly, I cannot imagine what would be exposed on a girl with more flesh than my string bean....

Thankfully I've stocked up from end of the year sales in the past. Surprisingly, a suit I picked up just to check at Justice last weekend fit great. How sad when Justice is 100x more modest than LE!!! LOL! (Okay, not really about modesty bc I'm sure LE wasn't trying to expose little girl crotches!).

-mim

That stinks! I have always counted on LE for the girls bathing suits. They always fit great and offer plenty of coverage. I did buy a few from Hanna this year that they really like though.

Ann

sail731
04-10-2013, 03:59 PM
I found this to be true with a few of the suits at LE last year too! I have been on the lookout for a one piece for DD and found some by Speedo at Costco for $12. Think we will have to give these a try as I don't feel comfortable with the cut of LE again this year.

georgiegirl
04-10-2013, 04:32 PM
We bought a Speedo from Costco and its nice. Be sure to size up though.

sail731
04-10-2013, 06:32 PM

Thanks for the tip. I ended up picking one up on the way home and it does run small. Will have to get the next size up on my way home tomorrow.

urquie
04-10-2013, 06:39 PM

:yeahthat:

cbscherer
04-13-2013, 12:27 AM

-mim

Completely agree! Also am simply miffed at the changes to the LE classic girls knit dresses we've been buying for years. Above the knee on my petite little girl. What Puzzled me the most was a letter in the LE kids catalogue from the LE CEO stating he had a little girl and promised to deliver appropriate clothing. Epic fail.