PDA

View Full Version : Costco finds

BigDog
04-10-2013, 04:43 PM
I was in Costco today and a few new things I saw were the Lucky Sweet n Low capri jeans. They looked nice (I would've picked up a pair if I weren't 8mos pregnant!). They also had the Kirkland yoga capris and tanks. The tanks are slightly different from last year, these have a banded bottom.

Also, if anyone is interested in the Cedar Summit Cedarview playset, it's now marked at $799 (instant rebate) instead of $999. HTH someone!

SnuggleBuggles
04-10-2013, 04:52 PM
I bought that workout and tank. Wore it yesterday and really liked it. Can't speak to longevity but it's comfy and covers my butt when I pull it down. :)

AngB
04-10-2013, 04:58 PM
Also, if anyone is interested in the Cedar Summit Cedarview playset, it's now marked at $799 (instant rebate) instead of $999. HTH someone!

Do you know if it's the one with the playhouse in the bottom ('cedarview resort') ?

http://www.cedarsummitplay.com/ (http://www.cedarsummitplay.com/)

That's the only one I see on the Costco website with that name but it is priced higher online. $799 would be a fantastic price for that.

citymama
04-10-2013, 05:09 PM
I was in Costco today and a few new things I saw were the Lucky Sweet n Low capri jeans. They looked nice (I would've picked up a pair if I weren't 8mos pregnant!). They also had the Kirkland yoga capris and tanks. The tanks are slightly different from last year, these have a banded bottom.

Thank you! I'm interested in all of the above! You might want to grab a pair of S&Ls to wear a few months from now...do you remember how much they were?

wifecat
04-10-2013, 05:28 PM
Thank you! I'm interested in all of the above! You might want to grab a pair of S&Ls to wear a few months from now...do you remember how much they were?

I saw them, too - I think they were 24.99.

sarrahanne
04-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Cause if they don't fit like they should after baby, you can always return them. Love the Costco return policy.

:45:
These are my kids.

AnnieW625
04-10-2013, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the Lucky rec!

I was opening this post because I was hoping that someone said they found a Vitamix on clearance for under $300. Of course that would be wishful thinking:praying:.

BigDog
04-10-2013, 08:00 PM
Do you know if it's the one with the playhouse in the bottom ('cedarview resort') ?

http://www.cedarsummitplay.com/ (http://www.cedarsummitplay.com/)

That's the only one I see on the Costco website with that name but it is priced higher online. $799 would be a fantastic price for that.

Yes, that's the one. It's much higher on the website. I've had my eye on it for a while and was hoping it would drop in price. I sent DH over to pick it up tonight.

Sorry, can't remember the price of the capri jeans, but I do remember that they came in 2 different washes. They looked really nice.

94bruin
04-11-2013, 02:15 PM
I was in Costco today and a few new things I saw were the Lucky Sweet n Low capri jeans. They looked nice (I would've picked up a pair if I weren't 8mos pregnant!). They also had the Kirkland yoga capris and tanks. The tanks are slightly different from last year, these have a banded bottom!
Anyone have an item number for the capris?

star04
04-11-2013, 09:41 PM
Do either capris come in petite/short?

elmojessi
04-12-2013, 07:57 AM
Anyone have an item number for the capris?

Not sure if you're looking for the S&L or yoga capris. I got the yoga capris and my receipt say 699082.

No S&L capris at my store. They had Seven Dojo jeans for $70 instead.

tarnator
04-13-2013, 12:33 AM
I was pleased to get a jean jacket (dark wash - Levis) for just $22!

It was listed at $29.99 with a $5 coupon, but rang in at $22. I haven't had one since the 80s and I was wanting one last year when they suddenly seemed to be cool again!

brianaw
04-13-2013, 01:23 AM
Flowers! Great flowers. I bought a minivan filled today. Roses for $11. Awesome Shirley temple peonies for $14, geraniums for $10, and 3 azelas for $10. There were lots more. But great looking flowers for a good price.

goldenpig
04-13-2013, 01:57 AM
Total impulse buy, but I picked up an giant inflatable ball (http://www.costco.com/51%22-Jumbo-Fun-Ball.product.100030392.html) for the kids:
http://images.costco.com/image/media/oos350-100030392-847__2.jpg
They love rolling around in those huge ones whenever we've seen them at fairs/festivals, so I thought it would be fun to get one to play with at home. I may totally regret this one though...;)

bcafe
04-13-2013, 12:23 PM
We bought the huge ball for Easter. It lasted for a weekend as the seams split. Of course our weather has been terrible (it snowed today) and we could only use it indoors.

gummibear
04-14-2013, 03:46 PM
Thanks OP. I'm new to the Lucky brand but DH likes it so I thought I'd take a look. We stopped by Costco today and they had both the Lucky capris and the Sophia boot jeans (http://www.luckybrand.com/Sofia-Boot/LBW01309,default,pd.html). I picked up 2 pair of the Sophia for ~$30 ea. Super soft fabric! Unfortunately the size was too small - I got a size up from my Levis but they still didn't work out.

They also had some Levi jeans for ~$25. Anyone know how often those are at Costco? I have to take these back and hunt for the next size up so I might look at those Levis again when I go back.

ETA: Post-baby, the pants:neck trick doesn't work on me anymore. Very sad. T.T

calebsmama03
04-14-2013, 06:25 PM
Thanks OP. I'm new to the Lucky brand but DH likes it so I thought I'd take a look. We stopped by Costco today and they had both the Lucky capris and the Sophia boot jeans (http://www.luckybrand.com/Sofia-Boot/LBW01309,default,pd.html). I picked up 2 pair of the Sophia for ~$30 ea. Super soft fabric! Unfortunately the size was too small - I got a size up from my Levis but they still didn't work out.

They also had some Levi jeans for ~$25. Anyone know how often those are at Costco? I have to take these back and hunt for the next size up so I might look at those Levis again when I go back.

ETA: Post-baby, the pants:neck trick doesn't work on me anymore. Very sad. T.T
Thanks for postingthis. Will have to look at those.

What is the "pants:neck trick"?

khm
04-14-2013, 09:31 PM
Thanks for postingthis. Will have to look at those.

What is the "pants:neck trick"?

It doesn't work for me (jeans are horrible for me, I'd rather shop for bikinis), but http://momgenerations.com/2009/01/fashion-advice-for-moms-day-5-the-neck-to-waist-trick/.

quinnsmom
04-15-2013, 08:48 AM
http://momgenerations.com/2009/01/fashion-advice-for-moms-day-5-the-neck-to-waist-trick/.

I've never heard of this. Brilliant.

gummibear
04-15-2013, 09:20 AM
Yes that's it exactly! It's saved me so much time in the past. But I'm more apple than hourglass these days, so. YMMV, glhf. :D

jerigirl
04-15-2013, 02:38 PM
Lucky Sweet and Low capris 653066

Melaine
04-15-2013, 02:44 PM
Wow that neck thing is so interesting!

crunchy
04-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Wow, that neck thing was off by several inches for me. Pear shaped, anyone?

gonna keep an eye out for the Sofias. That's my favorite Lucky cut.

mikala
04-16-2013, 02:45 PM
No Lucky jeans at my store, :nodno: but I found the Kirkland workout capris.

They also had Kirkland brand organic crushed tomatoes in glass jars. I haven't seen these before and was excited to finally find reasonably priced tomatoes in glass. They came in a package of four 24oz jars for $6.xx.

indigo99
04-16-2013, 10:22 PM
To test for jean fit, I've always held one end to my backbone and the other to my bellybutton. Those are much more definite spots than trying to hold them from hip to hip, and it usually works.

boltfam
04-17-2013, 08:56 PM
I was pleased to get a jean jacket (dark wash - Levis) for just $22!

It was listed at $29.99 with a $5 coupon, but rang in at $22. I haven't had one since the 80s and I was wanting one last year when they suddenly seemed to be cool again!

Thanks for posting about the jean jacket! I picked one up last night. Saw the kirkland capris, too, but no lucky capris. Hopefully, they'll be coming.

Aishe
04-17-2013, 11:09 PM
Wow, that neck thing was off by several inches for me. Pear shaped, anyone?

Yeah, I never have trouble with pants fitting around my waist. I need a trick that tells me if they'll fit around my hips.

stinkyfeet
04-18-2013, 12:32 PM
I picked up the dark wash Lucky Capris yesterday. They are great! The funny thing is that I am so short that I can unroll the capri cuffs and have them fit perfectly as regular jeans!

echoesofspring
04-18-2013, 12:47 PM
This is really just a NorCal/Central coast deal, but online (and I hear from friends it's only available occasionally) you can buy a 2 pack of season passes to Gilroy Gardens for $45. At the Gilroy Gardens website it's $30 per admission, so it seems like a good deal even if you go just once. We haven't been but I've heard good things about it and we're going to try it out next month.

http://www.costco.com/Gilroy-Gardens-2-pack-2013-Season-Passes-E-Tickets.product.100034308.html?catalogId=10701&langId=-1&storeId=10301&krypto=BrJfWALf60krQ1NwrWHAYRBtxWgMb8qP

Momit
04-18-2013, 01:02 PM
I picked up the dark wash Lucky Capris yesterday. They are great! The funny thing is that I am so short that I can unroll the capri cuffs and have them fit perfectly as regular jeans!

Great idea! I might have to try that. Even their short length is too long for me when I wear flats. Sigh.

amybds
04-18-2013, 02:05 PM
Great idea! I might have to try that. Even their short length is too long for me when I wear flats. Sigh.

I may have to try that, too. I have to cuff the short length.

kissmekate
04-19-2013, 12:00 AM
No Lucky jeans at my store, :nodno: but I found the Kirkland workout capris.

They also had Kirkland brand organic crushed tomatoes in glass jars. I haven't seen these before and was excited to finally find reasonably priced tomatoes in glass. They came in a package of four 24oz jars for $6.xx.
Do you by chance have the item # for the crushed tomatoes? I looked for them at our store today, but didn't see them.

mikala
04-19-2013, 12:08 AM
Do you by chance have the item # for the crushed tomatoes? I looked for them at our store today, but didn't see them.

Yeah, it's 646394. They were right next to the Kirkland canned tomatoes.

wallawala
04-19-2013, 08:45 PM
Oh the Lucky Crop jeans are great! Just picked up a pair. Looks like they also have them in a White and a Red denim material. Might have to go back and get the white after trying on these now at home.

Our Costco also had a blister pack of 5 EOS lip balms. I missed the price as saw them in someone else's cart after I checked out. *boo*

Ours had Kirkland brand V-neck tops and tanks with ruched band at bottom in colors that match the workout capris for $12.50-ish.

Some other fun finds:
Hebrew National Hot dogs are on sale right now- 4 pack for like $8
Joseph Joseph set of 5 kitchen tools are $20
Yakisoba noodles are back in the freezer section- nom nom...

Ours just had roadshow's for "Pita Pal" salads including a beet and jicama salad that is yum, and the Jen Adams home line of fabulous sheets. LOVE!

KimMae
04-20-2013, 08:54 AM
The Lucky jeans sound great, but I didn't see them at my warehouse yesterday.

I could check the other locations nearby as sometimes one of them has other stuff, but I just realized that the "what's new in the warehouse" link isn't there anymore.

How are you finding out whether your store carries an item number?

gummibear
04-24-2013, 11:32 AM
You can just call the store & they will look up the item number.

Exchanged my jeans today - they still had stock. Might try the capris trick - I'm short too. The short length is always dragging... :/

FTMLuc
04-24-2013, 11:48 AM
I have to share, my Costco has a bag of raw hazelnuts for $10.99. They are soooooooo delicious as a snack once lightly toasted/roasted in the oven.

No Lucky Jeans though, but they still had the wool blend work pants for $29.99 so I got another pair in gray. I have had a black pair for about 3 months now and love them. They fit so well my hourglass figure with ample hips and a smaller waist, where all the other mainstream work paints (J Crew and Banana Republic) have failed miserably to fit. Plus they come in 3 lengths. I even feel comfortable tucking dress shirts into them.

Suebell
04-24-2013, 01:52 PM
I have to share, my Costco has a bag of raw hazelnuts for $10.99. They are soooooooo delicious as a snack once lightly toasted/roasted in the oven.

Thanks for posting! I need some hazelnuts and wouldn't think to look at Costco.