PDA

View Full Version : Free sheet for Guava Lotus Crib

KonzaPrairie
04-11-2013, 02:15 PM
In case anyone is looking to buy a new portable crib, I happily discovered that Guava Lotus Crib is offering a free sheet with the purchase of a crib right now. The code pops up in a side bar on the website.

I needed a new pack-n-play as mine was loaned and not returned and I'm really excited about the reviews on this! Hope it lives up to expectations!

kaharris83
04-11-2013, 02:34 PM
I love, Love, LOVED our Guava Family GoCrib. I recently sold it to get the Lotus for DS2. I am so impressed by it. We are going on vacation next week so haven't used it yet but DS1 slept great in our GoCrib from 3 months to 2.5 years old when he learned how to tip it over. I ended up buying the crib at Albeebaby with a coupon code.

KonzaPrairie
04-17-2013, 02:16 PM
I received ours yesterday and DD LOVED playing in it this morning! Normally she freaks out at being put in any kind of confined space but I left the zipper open for awhile and she thought that was so cool. Obviously we haven't tried to travel with it but set-up was a breeze! SO much easier than the PNP's we've used in the past.

kaharris I'm looking forward to your review after you spend the weekend with it!

kaharris83
04-17-2013, 04:18 PM
We flew with it yesterday. I wore it as a backpack and put it under the seats in front of us. Baby slept in it last night and he slept so well. At home he's been sleeping poorly so it was a welcome surprise that he snoozed away happily. So far so good. Very satisfied with it, just like I was with the GoCrib.

kaharris83
04-30-2013, 07:50 AM
Just an update. DS2 continued to sleep awesome in the Lotus all 6 remaining nights of our vacation. DH and I were shocked based on how poorly he'd been sleeping at home. Then we decided he maybe had just turned a corner sleepwise that must have corresponded with our vacation, but no that wasn't it as his sleep is awful now that he's in his regular crib again. Going to set the Lotus up at home and hoping his sleep returns to as awesome as it was on vacation.

Still-in-Shock
05-01-2013, 12:52 AM
So glad to hear good reports about the Lotus. Now I'm just hoping that there will be coupons when it's time for us to buy one.
I didn't see Guava Family products at Albee Baby. Is it sold under a different name?
And about how long did it take to get the Lotus after you ordered it?

kaharris83
05-01-2013, 08:43 AM
I checked Albeebaby a few times since I ordered and it doesn't seem like it has been in stock there again. I know Diapers.com carries it and they have first time customer discounts. Not sure who else carries it.

maybeebaby08
05-01-2013, 10:35 AM
Is the GoCrib discontinued and replaced with the Lotus? What's the best price for the crib?

Qyzjxkhbufdwrvdnbgnvbfhy bdbdbb bbdfsvddzzsbghwauk

KonzaPrairie
05-01-2013, 03:17 PM
The only place I could find it when I was looking to buy it was directly from Guava Family.

kaharris it's great to hear that you still love it after using it for a week! Sorry to hear he doesn't want to sleep in his own crib though. We had ours set up in the living room for awhile and DD loved playing in it. Unfortunately no trips planned in the near future to test it out with but I'm looking forward to it! I was impressed that I was able to dismantle it myself because I had the hardest time with our regular pack-n-play.

kaharris83
05-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Is the GoCrib discontinued and replaced with the Lotus? What's the best price for the crib?

Just checked their Facebook page. It appears the demand for both the GoCrib and Lotus has overwhelmed the company. They said you can only buy the Lotus through them right now and they are out of the GoCrib until May. They really are great cribs so I'm not too surprised. :)

Still-in-Shock
05-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Both go for $200 on their website, www.guavafamily.com . Amazon used to sell the GoCrib (I bought one for a gift last year), but they say they are out of stock, and they don't have a price listed. They are selling the Lotus, for the same price as Guava.

kaharris83
05-01-2013, 07:27 PM
Both go for $200 on their website, www.guavafamily.com . Amazon used to sell the GoCrib (I bought one for a gift last year), but they say they are out of stock, and they don't have a price listed. They are selling the Lotus, for the same price as Guava.

Yeah the Lotus on Amazon is shipped and sold from Guava Family. Their Facebook page made it sound like they hope to have supply to get back to suppliers like Amazon this month.

maybeebaby08
05-01-2013, 08:28 PM
Just checked their Facebook page. It appears the demand for both the GoCrib and Lotus has overwhelmed the company. They said you can only buy the Lotus through them right now and they are out of the GoCrib until May. They really are great cribs so I'm not too surprised. :)

Thank you! I'm leaning towards the Lotus, over the GoCrib. I'm not seeing a huge difference besides having to blow up the GoCrib. Any recommendations?

kaharris83
05-01-2013, 08:47 PM
Thank you! I'm leaning towards the Lotus, over the GoCrib. I'm not seeing a huge difference besides having to blow up the GoCrib. Any recommendations?

What are you using it for? I had both. Here's a brief rundown on my feelings. The GoCrib was sturdier. I wasn't worried about breaking it. I wasn't worried about my 2.5yo flipping it over, or falling on it and hurting the baby it was too sturdy for that. It is the more rugged choice. The mattress is an inflatable camping type mattress that pack n play sheets fit on so you could get those cheaply. Sometimes it was a little finicky to inflate. Like one side would inflate and when you were removing the pump all the air would rush out because the valve to close it didn't close in time. We always got it fully inflated, just sometimes it took a few extra minutes.

The Lotus isn't as sturdy feeling to me. I feel like I have to be more careful with it so as not to break it. I don't let DS1 near it when DS2 is in it because I worry he can move it. He couldn't move the GoCrib. I like that the crib enclosure can be removed and be machine washed. The mattress is more like a typical pack n play mattress but oddly sized so you have to buy the sheets from them, so figure that into the cost.

Both are super easy to travel with. I carried both fully set up around the house to use in different rooms. I took the GoCrib fully inflated in a van down the street to use at a friends house once too. We flew with both and they fit well in the overhead. You can't go wrong with either, but depending on where you're planning to use it and what you're using it for one may be better suited for your needs. I wish I had been able to see the Lotus before ordering because I think I would have stuck with my GoCrib, but I sold that when I ordered the Lotus so we're going to keep the Lotus. Especially since it seems hard to find the GoCrib anywhere right now. :) If you have any other questions let me know and I'll try to answer them for you.

maybeebaby08
05-01-2013, 10:58 PM
Thank you for your review! It's hard to tell the difference online. I'll be using it mainly for DD2 to nap in during the day when I work away from home. I'll have to put it up and down everyday that's why the inflating didnt seem worth the trouble. We travel once or twice a year and will be using it in a hotel too. My main reason to buy is I hate lugging the pnp around, setting it up and taking it down.

KonzaPrairie
05-01-2013, 11:21 PM
Just wanted to chime in and say I think set up, take down, and transporting of the Lotus is a billion times easier than a regular pack n play. I've used a 'loaded' Graco with a changing table, a basic Graco that did not have a bassinet, and a cheap basic Cosco and they are all a beast to set up and take down. I thought my DH was going to throw away the Cosco before we made it through the airport it was such a huge PITA to carry. The Lotus folds and unfolds in less than a minute, especially once you get the hang of it. I've never used a GoCrib so can't give any comparison there, just wanted to say that I think if you'll be setting something up every day the Lotus would be great for that!

Nemesia
05-02-2013, 12:04 AM
Hmmm... I had never heard of these, and now I'm wondering if the Lotus Bassinet would be better than an Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper Mini Bassinet....

kaharris83
05-02-2013, 08:07 AM
I'd go with the Lotus for easy set up and take down, though I don't know tgat it will last as long as the GoCrib for length of use. I haven't put my 2.5yo in it because it just doesn't seem like it would hold up to his abuse. He slept in the GoCrib a few months ago and it still kept him contained, whereas the Lotus feels like he would just tip it over and get out. Not sure how long you're envisioning using it.

As for the bassinet vs an Arm's Reach I had an Arm's Reach and we used it until about 8 months with DS1. Not sure how long the Lotus bassinet will be able to be used. It looks great though and would have saved me frim sleeping on a mattress on the floor by myself on vacation a few weeks ago. I used the side door at night to get DS2 in and out to nurse at night so neither of us had to wake too much for feedings.