PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy moving supplies?

lovin2shop
04-11-2013, 02:31 PM
Both in person and online? I need to buy at least some now to get started, but could order some as well. I have a lot of boxes already from a friend, but I still need a lot of tape, paper, bubble wrap, etc.

boolady
04-11-2013, 02:39 PM
I don't know if it's the best place to buy it, but we've always bought that stuff at Home Depot, including boxes when we ran out of boxes we were able to get for free.

lalasmama
04-11-2013, 02:40 PM
We bought large sized moving boxes for $1.36 from Home Depot. We actually chose to do only 2 sizes (large and small) to make stacking/moving easier. We also bought our tape there--$10 for the tape gun thingy and 3 rolls of tape--Scotch brand! We also got a roll of packing foam stuff for like $8. Really, though, we used newspaper for most packing--$2 for a Sunday paper and it took care of all our breakables :)

egoldber
04-11-2013, 03:06 PM
We recently move and we also found that Home Depot generally had the best prices.

hellokitty
04-11-2013, 03:50 PM
Ask your local friends first! After xmas, I had TONS of bubble wrap and other air pocket pouches from online orders. I feel bad throwing that stuff away, so I set it aside. One of my friends was making a local move and was asking for any boxes. I offered up all of our bubble wrap and air pocket pouches and she very happily accepted them. I gave her a huge box of it. We also have styrofoam packing peanuts that we keep around for shipping, that I would also offer up to any friends who needed some. So, don't be afraid to ask first, before buying. As for boxes, those are easy to get, but if you want to hit the jackpot, find out if anyone you know locally moved recently. After you move, you are drowning in boxes, we happily gave away all of our boxes, including the super expensive ones that are made just for picture frames.