PDA

View Full Version : Products I will never understand, add yours

mikala
04-11-2013, 03:32 PM
Scented tampons. I don't need to insert perfume there, thankyouverymuch. I bought a new box today without checking the label carefully and they reek.

wellyes
04-11-2013, 03:55 PM
"Tot" apple juice in big jugs. I am all for convenience foods, and I could even see buying it in a juice box, in a pinch. But buying watered down juice for the same price as regular juice (instead of just buying juice and ADDING WATER to the cup) is just is too much for me.

queenmama
04-11-2013, 03:59 PM
I couldn't think of any offhand, but that ^^ reminds me of two:

Uncrustables and gallons of tea.

Look, people, I am no chef, not by a long shot. I make the same dozen or so meals regularly and haven't made much progress in 15 years. But come on, even I can make a dang PB&J and sweet tea.

Lara

JBaxter
04-11-2013, 04:16 PM
Lunchables and why they even MAKE boys socks that are white on the bottoms.

jbbhb
04-11-2013, 04:46 PM
"Tot" apple juice in big jugs. I am all for convenience foods, and I could even see buying it in a juice box, in a pinch. But buying watered down juice for the same price as regular juice (instead of just buying juice and ADDING WATER to the cup) is just is too much for me.

I have thought this exact same thing, except at my grocery store it's more expensive to buy the 40% water "juice". Makes no sense!

cvanbrunt
04-11-2013, 05:00 PM

I had no idea this product existed. Holy cow! That is some impressive marketing.

scrooks
04-11-2013, 05:10 PM

I bought this once and Dh just laughed....he pointed out that I paid for them to add water! It never occurred to me! :duh:

Cam&Clay
04-11-2013, 06:13 PM

OMG! YES! My MIL buys this when we visit for DS2. It makes me crazy. I tell her just to buy regular apple juice and we'll dilute it with tap water, but she's convinced it's "better for him."

sophiesmom03
04-11-2013, 08:28 PM
Hot dogs 8/pack and buns 10/pack. WTH?

gatorsmom
04-11-2013, 08:52 PM
How about why they put coloring in pedialyte when there is a good chance that it's going to be puked up by a sick toddler and stain the carpet?

I love the flavors for the kids but why is the coloring necessary? My carpet and towels could live without it.

essnce629
04-11-2013, 08:57 PM
Yeah, I've never understood the scented tampons either! Once I bought a box of scented panty liners by mistake and wished I could have returned them!

cono0507
04-11-2013, 09:00 PM
How about why they put coloring in pedialyte when there is a good chance that it's going to be puked up by a sick toddler and stain the carpet?

I love the flavors for the kids but why is the coloring necessary? My carpet and towels could live without it.

My thoughts exactly.
I now combine clear unflavored pedialyte with some apple juice so at least it isn't bright red or bright orange to clean up!

infomama
04-11-2013, 09:46 PM
Lunchables and why they even MAKE boys socks that are white on the bottoms.
You may have come up with a million dollar idea there.....dark bottomed socks.

Mermanaid
04-11-2013, 09:50 PM
You may have come up with a million dollar idea there.....dark bottomed socks.

I buy socks @ Target with colored bottoms. They are more primary red, blue, gray but they do a pretty good job at hiding "boy" stuff!

TwoBees
04-11-2013, 10:13 PM
You guys are making me :hysterical: tonight. And I've had a rough week. So thank you! :heartbeat:

OKKiddo
04-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Scented tampons. I don't need to insert perfume there, thankyouverymuch. I bought a new box today without checking the label carefully and they reek.

Yes they do and my mother bought them for as long as I can remember. This past Christmas she put one of those new Febreeze Car Vent Clips in my stocking stuffer and when I put it in the car and turned the a/c on I sat puzzled because I was trying to place the scent. It clearly stated it was Linen and Sky but I knew it smelled familiar and in an unpleasant way. Then the picture of the Playtex Tampons box popped into my head and I knew it was exactly the same. I confirmed with my nanny who uses that brand and the Febreeze clip went into the trash. After all, I do not want to drive around in a car that smells like a tampon! BLECK!!

mikala
04-11-2013, 11:02 PM
Yes they do and my mother bought them for as long as I can remember. This past Christmas she put one of those new Febreeze Car Vent Clips in my stocking stuffer and when I put it in the car and turned the a/c on I sat puzzled because I was trying to place the scent. It clearly stated it was Linen and Sky but I knew it smelled familiar and in an unpleasant way. Then the picture of the Playtex Tampons box popped into my head and I knew it was exactly the same. I confirmed with my nanny who uses that brand and the Febreeze clip went into the trash. After all, I do not want to drive around in a car that smells like a tampon! BLECK!!

:rotflmao: Thank you for making me spit out my drink.

kep
04-11-2013, 11:16 PM
Hot dogs 8/pack and buns 10/pack. WTH?

OMGosh, this drives me batty! Can the wiener makers and the bun makers really not get together and figure this out??

mom2beofboy/girltwins
04-12-2013, 12:00 AM
Why it's necessary to fasten Barbie into the package at 20 #&#%@$*% different attach points. I understand they want the product to look nice in the packaging, but seriously? Its like they think she may try and escape. I especially love the connection that's always into the back of her head so that you have no choice but to try and shove the tiny end inside her head after she's finally cut free.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

gatorsmom
04-12-2013, 11:01 AM
This is more about product pricing. Why does a pack of 10 plastic hangers cost $1.17 at Target and directly below them a pack of 20 identcal plastic hangers made by the same company costs $2.99? Am I missing something?

mikeys_mom
04-12-2013, 11:49 AM
Why it's necessary to fasten Barbie into the package at 20 #&#%@$*% different attach points. I understand they want the product to look nice in the packaging, but seriously? Its like they think she may try and escape. I especially love the connection that's always into the back of her head so that you have no choice but to try and shove the tiny end inside her head after she's finally cut free.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

:yeahthat: X1000!!!!

I have three girls. We often get Barbies as gifts. I always dread opening them. The one at the back of the head always makes me crazy!!!! Is she going to try and shake her head from side to side and mess up her hair if they don't pin her back like that?!?!?

trales
04-12-2013, 09:35 PM
If hot dogs and buns did not come in different quantity packaging, then those of us teaching stoichiometry would have no real world examples. :ROTFLMAO:

OKKiddo
04-12-2013, 11:49 PM
:rotflmao: Thank you for making me spit out my drink.

Glad I could make someone's day. :) Seriously though--I laugh at the Febreeze commercials now where they have people blindfolded inside garbage and they can't smell it because of the febreeze stick em. I mean, just buy a box of tampons-- they have tons of uses! Bloody noses, stink stick em's, Aunt Flo q-tips, etc. ;) I just don't understand why someone wants the inside of their vagina and crotch area to smell like a scented trash bag. *shrugs*

MaiseyDog
04-16-2013, 12:42 PM

I may be the only person that is happy this product exists. I don't buy it at our house, but have requested that this be the product the grandparents get. I have not told either MIL of my mom that it is just watered down juice. They both think it just has less sugar. Neither one of them can be counted on to water down the juice. They would say "we gave you/DH straight juice and you/he are fine" or "watering it down will dilute the vitamins"

flashy09
04-16-2013, 05:14 PM
So I have to put this one on. Not only is it ridiculous, the little girl is my cousin! She was on Jimmy Kimmel with this ad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfZMZo1Rclo

123LuckyMom
04-16-2013, 05:59 PM
So I have to put this one on. Not only is it ridiculous, the little girl is my cousin! She was on Jimmy Kimmel with this ad!

Well, your cousin's adorable, but ewwwww. That product grosses me out!

elbenn
04-16-2013, 06:04 PM

Mmmm---an egg popsicle.

KLD313
04-16-2013, 08:12 PM
Mmmm---an egg popsicle.

Lol. Exacty what I was thinking. Yuck! Who's going to take that to work and cook eggs at their desk?

zukeypur
04-16-2013, 08:49 PM
This[/URL]
DH got me one for Mothers Day. It "disappeared" last week.

What happened to my link?!
ETA: [url]http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=332069&aid=336064&aparam=easy%20feet&scinit1=easy%20feet&adpos=1t2&creative=32697926855&device=t&network=s&matchtype=e (http://http://www.asseenontvinfomercial.biz/2011/12/shower-foot-scrubber-easy-feet-review-as-seen-on-tv/)

marie
04-16-2013, 10:35 PM
You guys have me :rotflmao: with that Rollie Eggmaster. I've never heard of it before!
The folks at Wait Wait Don't Tell Me have a blog post complete with pictures of their own attempts at the Rollie Eggmaster. It's freakin' hilarious...and disgusting.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/04/15/177333433/sandwich-monday-the-egg-rollie

Kymberley
04-16-2013, 11:15 PM
You guys have me :rotflmao: with that Rollie Eggmaster. I've never heard of it before!
The folks at Wait Wait Don't Tell Me have a blog post complete with pictures of their own attempts at the Rollie Eggmaster. It's freakin' hilarious...and disgusting.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/04/15/177333433/sandwich-monday-the-egg-rollie

:rotflmao: That was great!

Smillow
04-16-2013, 11:26 PM

I can't believe this is the first I'm hearing about "vertical cooking technology!":ROTFLMAO:

Mamabear4
04-17-2013, 10:17 AM
okay, maybe it's just because this thread started with a discussion of tampons, but watching that video, the only thing I could think of was that the prodcut of the Rollie Eggmaster looked like an egg tampon....ugh..:barf:

georgiegirl
04-17-2013, 10:23 AM
okay, maybe it's just because this thread started with a discussion of tampons, but watching that video, the only thing I could think of was that the prodcut of the Rollie Eggmaster looked like an egg tampon....ugh..:barf:

I'm dying...egg tampon. At least the scented tampons smell better and have more uses than the egg tampon.

fedoragirl
04-17-2013, 05:36 PM
This is one funny thread. It's good to have a laugh in the BP forum too.

AnnieW625
04-17-2013, 05:49 PM
the juice thing
Lunchables
sea sponge tampons (once many moons ago there was a thread that lasted 200+ responses on an old beauty related forum I go to about this)

Yeah, I've never understood the scented tampons either! Once I bought a box of scented panty liners by mistake and wished I could have returned them!

You are lucky. I stunk like crazy while pregnant esp. with DD1 and near the end panty liners were my best friend, but I still needed the scented ones or a lot of FDS. It was awful so I dealt with the scented panty liners.

WatchingThemGrow
04-17-2013, 07:46 PM
:hysterical: I'm dying over here. That's just creepy.