PDA

View Full Version : And...it's a....

sarahsthreads
04-11-2013, 04:20 PM

BOY! :stork-boy:

DDs are both kind of disappointed because they both wanted a little sister, but I'm sure they'll come around. :)

I totally didn't think I wanted one gender over another, but I'll admit I got a bit teary-eyed when it was obvious (really, really obvious) on the u/s that it's a boy. I know I'll fall head over heels in love either way, but I'm nervous because I feel like I "know" girls and a boy is going to be so completely different. In reality I do know that all babies are completely different from one another regardless of their "bits", so I know I should be nervous either way!

Now I get to give away all the pink things (good gracious we have a lot of pink, the basement might echo when we're done) and buy some clothes with robots and puppies and monkeys, oh my!

And, it's probably OK to make little brother ride a purple, pink & yellow tricycle in a couple of summers, right...?

Sarah :)

queenmama
04-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Awww!!! Congrats! You're gonna love it!

I did feel the same way when I found out our second baby was a girl. After 11 years of being a boy mom, I was terrified! It is an adjustment, going from one to the other, but a fun one!

And nothing beats a mama's boy. :D

Lara

Nemesia
04-11-2013, 04:27 PM
Congratulations!!

waitingforgrace
04-11-2013, 04:27 PM
Congratulations, how exciting!

georgiegirl
04-11-2013, 04:28 PM
Congrats! Boys are great fun. DD was also disappointed to find out she's having another brother. It was super obvious on out u/s too. Those boys aren't shy!

And I'm sure he won't mind riding on pink vehicles (until maybe age 4).

Have fun shopping!

Melaine
04-11-2013, 04:36 PM
Yay! Congrats! I felt so much the same way....at first I didn't feel like I had a preference...but when I saw the ultrasound tech said "boy" I was SO overwhelmingly thrilled! It has been so sweet and special for us to have a boy after having two girls. You are going to love it!

mommylamb
04-11-2013, 04:37 PM
Congratulations! Boys are awesome!

Philly Mom
04-11-2013, 04:41 PM
Congrats! And little boys like girl things too. Dress up, purple things, etc.

scrooks
04-11-2013, 04:47 PM
I'm right there with you! I am sad to sort and give away all of DDs things I carefully saved! I was hoping to buy more pink but boys really are great. DS is soooo much fun! Congrats! And welcome to the world of blue!

sarahsthreads
04-11-2013, 05:09 PM
Thanks all!

Now to start the great name quest. Which considering that we only had an emergency backup boy's name that I wasn't super thrilled with for both DDs should be interesting...I bet DH thinks we're just going to use that name...

KrisM
04-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Congrats!

Our 3 wheel scooter for preschoolers is pink. DS1 picked it out at a garage sale. He used it, then DD, and then DS2. So, yeah, colors of stuff won't matter at all.

DietCokeLover
04-11-2013, 05:21 PM
Aww, congrats! It's fun to shop on both sides of stores!

Indianamom2
04-11-2013, 05:26 PM
Congratulations! I wasn't sure if I'd be a good "boy mom" but I love it! Having one of each, I adore the way that boys play and love on their mommas! It's a whole different ballgame, but lots of fun.

Tenasparkl
04-11-2013, 05:29 PM
And, it's probably OK to make little brother ride a purple, pink & yellow tricycle in a couple of summers, right...?

My 11 month old DS doesn't care at all that his step 2 push buggy is pink.

Congratulations!

bigpassport
04-11-2013, 05:35 PM
Boys are fun!!!! Congrats mama!

elbenn
04-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Congratulations!!! Boden has lots of adorable boys clothes!

Snow mom
04-11-2013, 07:17 PM
Congratulations. I've found the best thing about having a girl and a boy is that all the random strangers are now happy/ content with my family. I know this sounds silly but I've already been told how great it is that we have a girl and a boy more times than I can count. DH was going to be done with two of either gender so it's nice to have support from the general public rather than constantly being asked if we're going to try for a boy.

zukeypur
04-11-2013, 07:22 PM
Congrats!!!!

kdeunc
04-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Congratulations! I felt the exact same way when baby 3 was a girl! She has been an absolute delight. :). I am sure you will be a great girl and boy mama!

ZeeBaby
04-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Congrats!

Snow mom
04-11-2013, 08:34 PM
Duplicate post (silly ipad).

gatorsmom
04-11-2013, 08:44 PM
Congratulations! I have to admit, I was hoping you'd get a boy. Honestly, they are not much different from girls as babies or toddlers.
It's not until they start showing their interests in things that you notice difference. Jmo, of course. ;)
:boogie: Little boys are so sweet. His big sisters are
going to adore him. And it will be really fun to experience a boy.

Now, start thinking Thomas the Tank engine, hotwheels, and legos, woohoo!

essnce629
04-11-2013, 08:53 PM
Definitely clear out the basement for the Thomas and Lego invasion!!!!!

So excited for you! I'll be looking out for you name thread next!

curiousgeorge
04-11-2013, 09:41 PM
Congrats!! Boys are SO much fun and do love their moms :-)

sarahsthreads
04-11-2013, 10:27 PM
Congratulations. I've found the best thing about having a girl and a boy is that all the random strangers are now happy/ content with my family. I know this sounds silly but I've already been told how great it is that we have a girl and a boy more times than I can count. DH was going to be done with two of either gender so it's nice to have support from the general public rather than constantly being asked if we're going to try for a boy.

Good gracious, I get that *all* the time when I'm out with both girls. And it's worse now when I tell people I'm expecting: "ooh, are you trying for your boy?"

Um.

No.

We *were* trying for an alien. But we'll have to settle for a boy. Sigh. :ROTFLMAO:

So, yes, I suppose it will be nice to not get those comments, but now *all day long* whenever I've told someone that it's a boy I've heard "I bet your husband is happy!" Because, what, only husbands can be happy if there's a boy growing in there? Am I not allowed to be happy? Or is he not allowed to have wanted a third girl? I kind of wanted to say, "no, but he'll get over it" just to make them feel awkward, but my mama raised me not to be rude. :p

sarahsthreads
04-11-2013, 10:32 PM
Congratulations! I have to admit, I was hoping you'd get a boy. Honestly, they are not much different from girls as babies or toddlers.
It's not until they start showing their interests in things that you notice difference. Jmo, of course. ;)
:boogie: Little boys are so sweet. His big sisters are
going to adore him. And it will be really fun to experience a boy.

Now, start thinking Thomas the Tank engine, hotwheels, and legos, woohoo!

Gosh I really hope so. So far I've heard nothing but complaints of "why can't it be a girl?!?" I keep trying to point out that little brothers are awesome (I have two) and that really, tormenting little brothers is just as much fun as tormenting little sisters, but they're not buying it. ;)

I'm excited to start knitting little blue hats and sweaters! And to let go of all the hand-me-downs. (I am so, so tired of sorting through outgrown clothes!)

KpbS
04-11-2013, 10:49 PM
Woohoo! Such exciting news! That's wonderful! :cheerleader1: You all will absolutely love it and he is such a lucky little boy to have 2 big sisters! Yes, clear out the pink make room for the blue, navy, green, red, and gray, lol!

Tondi G
04-13-2013, 12:40 AM
Awww CONGRATS! AS a Mom of boys I will say that I think you're going to love having a son! Enjoy knitting up those boy hats! Oh yeah and echoing an earlier comment.... make room for trains and legos! :)

citymama
04-13-2013, 01:22 AM
Congrats!

And save the girl clothing. Some of my fondest memories wuth my nephew are cuddling him in his purple footie pjs and him riding his Dora trike. He's an amazing 9 year old. You don't need to get rid of everything - maybe just the dresses! Or you could have a boy who likes dresses...just like I have to buy monster and truck tees for my DD2, who spends hours playing with her Duplos, Thomas trains and cars! Parenting is a wild ride and you just can't predict these things!

lchang25000
04-13-2013, 07:30 AM
Congrats!! Boys are SO much fun and do love their moms :-)

Congrats!! I totally agree with the above! :)

oneontheway
04-13-2013, 07:57 AM
Congrats!!!!

Melaine
04-13-2013, 08:26 AM
Good gracious, I get that *all* the time when I'm out with both girls. And it's worse now when I tell people I'm expecting: "ooh, are you trying for your boy?"

Um.

No.

We *were* trying for an alien. But we'll have to settle for a boy. Sigh. :ROTFLMAO:

So, yes, I suppose it will be nice to not get those comments, but now *all day long* whenever I've told someone that it's a boy I've heard "I bet your husband is happy!" Because, what, only husbands can be happy if there's a boy growing in there? Am I not allowed to be happy? Or is he not allowed to have wanted a third girl? I kind of wanted to say, "no, but he'll get over it" just to make them feel awkward, but my mama raised me not to be rude. :p

It's so funny because we definitely got the same kind of comments and it always confused folks when I said that "no, DH wanted a girl". It's like people absolutely couldn't wrap their heads around that fact. But it's true, he wanted a girl. Is it so hard to believe that someone who loves his wife and has two gorgeous and sweet daughters wouldn't be happy with and in fact prefer another girl? Apparently it is! Of course, we are all completely in love with DS and I don't think DH was truly disappointed at all. But he did express a strong preference ahead of time for a third girl.

spannaz
04-13-2013, 11:56 PM
Congratulations!!! You'll have a little mama's boy!! What a great little family you've created now- 2 girls and a boy!! Perfect!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mom3boys
04-15-2013, 10:07 AM
Congrats!

You will love having a boy and I'm sure your daughters will love having a baby brother. Boys are so sweet to their moms :)

I always got the comments (with 3 boys) that "Your husband must be happy", when actually I was fine with a third boy and my husband really wanted a daughter. People don't know anything!

123LuckyMom
04-15-2013, 10:38 AM
Congratulations!!! Both genders are great, and you will love having a boy!!!