PDA

View Full Version : Best time to go to DW?

blueperidot
04-11-2013, 08:16 PM
We are entirely flexible next year (DS1's last year in preschool) so want to take advantage and go to Disney World. Any ideas on best time of year to go to avoid crowds?

acmom
04-11-2013, 09:02 PM
We have been in Nov., Jan., and Feb. (avoiding all the holiday weekends those months - thanksgiving, new years, MLK day and presidents day) and have had good luck with all of those trips crowd wise. We also lucked out that WDW was running promos all those times (free dining and Stay, Play and dine).

My favorite was Nov. as it was a little warmer than the winter and all the holiday decorations were up. Our Jan. and Feb. trips have been great too, but a little more iffy weather wise. We got one great, sunny warm week in early Jan and a pretty good week (sunny, but temps ranging from mid50s to 80) at the end of Feb. this year, but also got a rainy cold (40s and 50s) one year in Feb.

My family is from the northeast and we don't do well with hot/humid, especially big crowds and long lines are involved, so we avoided all the hot months. We would rather deal with cold/rain rather than hot and/or crowded!

HTH!

SnuggleBuggles
04-11-2013, 09:10 PM
My friends swear by October. Everyone back in school so not crowded.

BDKmom
04-11-2013, 09:59 PM
I have always heard February and October.

cntrymoon2
04-12-2013, 01:06 AM
I'm local and my favorite time is the last week of Jan, first week of Feb. Crowds are so low and weather is usually beautiful.
First week of December or second week of November is really nice, too. Fun to see the holiday decorations, but again crowds are decent.
If you're staying on property, I'd recommend looking at allears.net because they post room rates by season for the whole year- that's how you can learn the Value weeks vs. the Peak weeks.

klwa
04-12-2013, 06:58 AM
Check out the crowd calendars here: http://www.easywdw.com/

We went the first week of December two years ago & loved it. Christmasy & great crowd levels.

westwoodmom04
04-12-2013, 09:48 AM
We went in November and it was great weather wise. The crowds were a little too heavy for part of our week which overlapped with "Jersey week" (all schools in NJ get four day weekend for teacher's convention) so I would try to avoid that weekend and Thanksgiving week.