PDA

View Full Version : Do You Exfoliate Your Skin?

Kindra178
04-11-2013, 11:25 PM
I was complaining to my sister last week that I am so itchy as all the time. She asked me if I was exfoliating regularly. I told her no; I kind of assumed it was a gimmick. She couldn't believe it. So I started exfoliating and now I am less itchy. Am I the only one who didn't.com know that?

lhafer
04-12-2013, 01:07 AM
I do. I got a body brush and I exfoliate before taking a shower. I don't do it everyday, but several times a week, and my itchiness is WAY better!

DrSally
04-12-2013, 01:11 AM
Really? Is it the dry skin that makes one itchy? Is a wascloth enough to exfoliate with?

lhafer
04-12-2013, 01:20 AM
Here's a good article on it. http://beauty.about.com/od/cleansers/a/How-To-Exfoliate.htm

Kindra178
04-12-2013, 08:53 AM
Weird typos due to typing on ds' Kindle when I was tired. Exfoliating has really helped me. I also switched to a thicker lotion (and probably more toxic too).

lizzywednesday
04-12-2013, 11:01 AM
Really? Is it the dry skin that makes one itchy? Is a wascloth enough to exfoliate with?

It can contribute to itchiness, definitely. I find my legs get really dry & itchy in the winter if I'm neither shaving nor moisturizing regularly.

I just bought some sea-salt scrub to use on my itchier bits ... plus, I'm using coconut body butter.

A washcloth can do a good job, sure.

gibas23
04-15-2013, 03:59 AM
yes. DH and me exfoliate everytime we shower. We use those Asian nylon scrubbing towel, like this below. You can clean your back easily and It makes mound of foam too. Rub your bar soap or a squirt of the shower gel and then foam galore. And cheap. $3-$5 on asian market and we replace it every 6 months just for hygiene.

http://www.amazon.com/Salux-Nylon-Japanese-Beauty-Cloth/dp/B000CSDDDG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366012265&sr=8-1&keywords=salux

We dont use body lotion anymore. It's awesome.

kozachka
04-16-2013, 01:10 AM
Occasionally. More frequently on the face, especially since putting a tube with an exfoliator in the bath tub, and whenever I remember to use Sonicare brush. I could use to exfoliate more often, but I guess I do it already when I shave legs.

DrSally
04-16-2013, 08:16 PM
yes. DH and me exfoliate everytime we shower. We use those Asian nylon scrubbing towel, like this below. You can clean your back easily and It makes mound of foam too. Rub your bar soap or a squirt of the shower gel and then foam galore. And cheap. $3-$5 on asian market and we replace it every 6 months just for hygiene.

http://www.amazon.com/Salux-Nylon-Japanese-Beauty-Cloth/dp/B000CSDDDG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366012265&sr=8-1&keywords=salux

That looks cool. I bought some exfoliating gloves at Target today. My legs are definitely scaly.

Green_Tea
04-16-2013, 08:20 PM

What kind of body wash/soap do you use with this?

gibas23
04-16-2013, 11:22 PM
That looks cool. I bought some exfoliating gloves at Target today. My legs are definitely scaly.

The exfoliating gloves are good too. But not exfoliating enough IMO and it is tiring to scrub your entire body with gloves. If you have daiso nearby, they have their own versions with several types of scrubbiness available too for $1.50.

What kind of body wash/soap do you use with this?

We use all kind wash and soap bar. You only need so little to make enough foam to clean your body. With bar soap, you run your soap 4-5 times over the towel only.

On a pinch, I used this to exfoliate the rough and plugged skin on side of my noses and it worked too.

A bit TMI, it is also great for scrubbing the underpit and bikini lines for the ingrown hair too.

Radswd
04-18-2013, 12:14 AM
My friend gave me a Salux cloth, and I love it! I'm planning to order more for replacements & to give to friends as well. My skin feels so soft and fresh now.