PDA

View Full Version : Nicer looking laundry basket?

acmom
04-12-2013, 07:51 AM
We have been updating our mudroom/laundry room to make it look a little nicer, as our family and close friends all enter our house through it (as do we- it has a door to the outside as well as to the garage.).

The room is painted a tan-ish color and everything in it is now shades of brown, tan or white...except for an old bright blue plastic laundry basket that sits on top of the washer. I use it for collecting dirty stuff downstairs throughout the week so I need something there for that purpose. But now that everything is a really neutral palette, the blue stands out like sore thumb!

Anyone have a recommendation for a nicer, neutral laundry basket? I thought about a big woven basket, but then it would be heavy and not sure about putting wet/muddy stuff in it either.

Thanks!

waitingforgrace
04-12-2013, 09:19 AM
I'd look at TJMaxx/Homegoods. Ours usually has lots of options in women baskets, laundry baskets/hampers, canvas bins and fabric lined bins.

Indianamom2
04-12-2013, 02:10 PM
I just saw a dark brown clothes basket at Walmart that is plastic but looks very much like a woven basket. I thought it didn't look cheap, but it was!

barkley1
04-12-2013, 09:13 PM
I got a nice dark brown fabric one at Target, and although I never use it, it has a pull out laundry bag. It's taller than wide, so doesn't take up much floor space. I love it.

It doesn't look like they have the rectangle shape anymore, butnit was basically this one:

http://www.target.com/p/room-essentials-round-hamper-brown/-/A-14104423#prodSlot=large_1_1

jam224
04-29-2013, 09:52 AM
I just have a small, round, cheap white plastic laundry basket that I think I got from Big Lots. White goes with everything!

But my very favorite laundry "basket" are these hampers from The Container Store: http://www.containerstore.com/shop/laundry/hampers?productId=10008467&N=77003&Nao=20
DD has the white one in her room and I love that she can put her own dirty clothes in the hamper! ;) I also have the blue one and black one, and come laundry day, I can sort them into the three hampers: white for whites, blue for lights, and black for darks. And when the laundry is done, they fold down flat, so I can store them away up on the shelf above the washer and dryer. They're lightweight, but very sturdy and I love the handles. I'm so glad I discovered them!