PDA

View Full Version : Friend recovering from mastectomy ideas of nice things to do for her

jacksmomtobe
04-12-2013, 12:56 PM
So a friend had a double mastectomy on Wednesday and was also supposed to have reconstructive surgery at the same time. She is expected to come today or tomorrow. I would like to do something nice for her & her wife. Their kids (9&6) will be going to a relatives for vacation week as they didn't want the kids to see their mom while in recovery and the kids are very close with their cousins. They have meals lined up and after vacation I will be driving their kids to & from school. They also have some playdates scheduled for the kids. Both Moms work. The Mom who had surgery runs her own business based in their home. I would like to do something nice for my friends. Maybe send or make a basket of food/things to pamper themselves with or make the one Mom more comfortable. I thought I would turn here for ideas on what would be most useful and appropriate. There is Edible Arrangements in our area so one thought was a fruit basket with some chocolate accents. I would love to hear ideas on giving them something and also deas on how to support them/help them out.

Thanks!

sntm
04-12-2013, 04:03 PM
Super soft button up shirts are popular with my patients - one highly recommends very soft flannel and very oversized. Also popular (since they already have meals planned) are services - housecleaning, errand-running. She probably can't do anything too physical for 2-3 weeks. Books, magazines, movies...

ecofem
04-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Gift certificate for her to go to the beauty shop and have her hair washed. She will not be able to shower for awhile with drains in.