PDA

View Full Version : Need Disney Cruise Planning 101

Jen841
04-13-2013, 05:00 PM
Looking to go with another family.

Will go out of Port Canaveral.

How do we get to the cruise?

Make arrangements via Disney or a travel agent?

Any deals we should know about?

Looking at June 2014.

Thanks

pharmjenn
04-13-2013, 08:27 PM
You have a few options. If you can fit in one vehicle, you can rent a car from the airport, dropping off at the port and repeat back to the airport.
Disney transport can be pricey for many people, so I have heard that lots of people do a private car hire from the airport to the port. That gives you the option of stopping at a grocery store for supplies.
I don't know any actual car hire companies, but they are well referenced on the disboards.

infomama
04-13-2013, 11:32 PM
We booked with a TA. We used the Magical Express and it was great. We didn't want to worry about renting a car/parking fees/gassing it. There is SOOO much food on the ship...you just eat and eat! Have fun! Our Disney Cruise was so memorable.

egoldber
04-14-2013, 08:01 AM
We are going in July.

I think we have decided to rent a car. Also, if you are planning to fly in the night before, many people stay at the Hyatt at the airport.

I have found the general Disney sites to be helpful: allears.net and mousesavers.com.

I have also spent a lot of time here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/

In particular I have found the photos and videos very helpful. I also found perusing past Personal Navigators from our same itinerary have given me a really good idea of what's available on the boat.

Which ship/itinerary are you planning to do?

Jen841
04-14-2013, 08:09 AM
Thanks! Hope to book this week. Got a year of planning/dreaming to do!

cvanbrunt
04-14-2013, 06:54 PM
We've been twice and taken the Disney transportation straight to the port from the airport. Very easy and totally worth it IMHO.

Jen841
04-14-2013, 08:29 PM
Any 'deal' advise? Thinking Eastern Caribbean next July - 7 days. Kids want St John and Disney cruise...2 birds 1 stone/ credit card bill.

I am short on time and want to book b4 DH changes his mind.

Tondi G
04-14-2013, 10:54 PM
I suggest going over to Cruise Critic and checking out their Disney board

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=167

Jen841
04-23-2013, 10:28 AM
Got a few quotes... Costco was the best, plus we would get a $640 Costco credit after the cruise vs. onboard credits during the cruise.

Costco was over $1000 less then Small World Travel and I need to figure out why.

Trip insurance is the latest question.