PDA

View Full Version : see doctor for minor head injury for me (head bump)?

diamond
04-14-2013, 01:30 AM
i was bending to put my ds in carseat and insted hit my head to the frame of the car door. i came in not too fast or not too slow. i hit on the crown of my head a little above hairline. i felt a decent amount of pain, but did not pass out or see any stars, or blank out etc.. waited for a few minutes in car to make sure i can safely drive and was fine. i have a bump (raised bump) on my head and it is painful and sensitive when touched, but otherwise ok. my husband said he saw a raised bump but nothing else there. i did not take any painkiller at all. when i hit my crown i felt a jolt near my head behind my ear as well. that is where i feel a dull achy feeling. it is not sharp pain but a dull pain. should i call my doc? go see him? how soon? i figured my 1yr ds keeps falling on floor or hitting his head on wall when he falls frequenlty so i should not have to worry, but i am not sure. what would you guys do?

MamaMolly
04-14-2013, 07:22 AM
I say if it is worrying you it is worth a call for peace of mind. I'm sure you've just got a nasty goose egg, but there is no harm in calling if it makes you feel better.

elephantmeg
04-14-2013, 10:04 AM
I think it's fine

PZMommy
04-14-2013, 11:00 AM
I have done that a few times. I'd say you are fine and not worry about it.

marymoo86
04-14-2013, 12:20 PM
I have done that a few times. I'd say you are fine and not worry about it.

:yeahthat:

I had a mild concussion from being hit by another car going about 40mph and went the ER. I was dizzy but fine otherwise. He just told me to rest but to see my doctor if I started experience loss of consciousness,etc.

s7714
04-14-2013, 03:56 PM
Personally I wouldn't do anything for that unless I felt really off. I actually did something very similar a couple of months ago. I bent down in my dark bedroom to turn the baby monitor back on (it sits under the bed so the little green light doesn't shine around the room) and totally conked my head on the edge of my very solid, marble topped night stand. Right above the hairline, same as you. I was fine. Just embarrassed when DH came upstairs to ask what that loud thud had been. :D