PDA

View Full Version : Can we handle another Fiestaware thread? :)

Hemlock
04-14-2013, 12:06 PM
I am thinking of purchasing some Fiestaware dinnerware. Looking for some thoughts/suggestions on colours, pieces that you love /hate....

I was thinking of getting 2 place settings each of Sunflower, Tangerine, Lemongrass and Turquoise. Is that too "spring-like" for year round everyday dishes? Should I limit myself to 2 colours rather than 4?

We are pretty casual in our home, even when we have guests, but I don't want it to look too "garage sale" mismatch, if you kwim.

Thoughts?

georgiegirl
04-14-2013, 12:10 PM
Picking colors is difficult. We handed down out old set of boring white dishes to my ILs and got fiestaware in December. I got 8 sets in all different colors. (Plus I had two cobalt plates I had bought as a grad student). I wanted to see a rainbow when I opened up my cabinets. I have no regrets about color choices. I got the 4 piece place settings from Macy's and I also got 4 gusto bowls (huge) and 8 fruit bowls (small and good for snacks).

Just pick whatever colors make you happy! When we have guests over, I mix and match dinner plates, bowls, salad plates, etc.

JBaxter
04-14-2013, 12:15 PM
Oh gosh. I have sunflower, lemon grass cobalt scarlet tangerine and turquoise maybe someothers. I LOVE colors

Cam&Clay
04-14-2013, 12:32 PM
I have one place setting of each color that has been available since I started collecting, so that means 10 different colors. I love the rainbow in my cabinet.

queenmama
04-14-2013, 01:18 PM
I'm the wrong girl to ask! I have vintage Fiesta in all of the colors from the 30s-50s! (Only a few pieces of Medium Green, which is too spenny for me since we actually use these dishes!)

I say start out with 2-3 and see how it goes. My guess is you'll want to add to your palette. ;)

Lara

ourbabygirl
04-14-2013, 01:28 PM
Yeah, it is fun to open your cupboard and see a rainbow of colors! I have 8 dinner plates, 8 luncheon plates (for the kids), 2 green mugs (one with small handle, and one with larger handle), and 8 little bowls (like for fruit). Red, flamingo pink, orange, yellow, spring green, shamrock green, teal, and blue (lighter, not cobalt), oh, and a cream-colored dinner plate. If I could find a purple in store, I'd get one of those, too. :)
It's really fun to mix and match, and the kids love choosing their color at each meal. I actually think it's fun to have a bunch of colors in the winter- I loved having them in our long, cold winter.

almostamom
04-14-2013, 01:31 PM
I have a bunch of colors. I have multiple place settings of some colors and only one of others. The best part about having a lot of different colors is that if one bowl breaks, you didn't mess up the "set". As for the other pieces - I use my platters and serving bowls all the time. I don't use the pitchers very often. The gravy boat has come in handy, but the teapot has never been used. Have fun picking out colors :)

traciann
04-14-2013, 01:47 PM
I have one place setting of each color that has been available since I started collecting, so that means 10 different colors. I love the rainbow in my cabinet.

yep! me too!!! love the rainbow!!!!

JBaxter
04-14-2013, 04:28 PM
OH I LOVE the latte mugs for coffee

marie
04-14-2013, 04:33 PM
We have scarlet, sunflower, shamrock, cobalt, peacock, and plum. I have it out on open shelving and love seeing all of the colors!

When I first switched over to it, a box arrived on a dreary, snowy April day. It was like sunshine in a box!

quinnsmom
04-14-2013, 05:15 PM
If you love color then go for it! I have Scarlett, Plum, Lemongrass, Shamrock, Sunflower and Turquoise. Every time I open my cabinet I smile because the colors are so bright and cheerful. I have a place setting for each of the colors listed above. I have 4 sets of Plum though as I bought them at a Macy's sale online and it was BOGO. I thought I could pick the color I got free but it was a duplicate of the color ordered. I also bought separate pieces - I bought 6 luncheon plates in the turquoise, sunflower and shamrock and the chili bows in all the colors listed above with a tangerine and a peacock thrown in. I'd say we use the dinner plates, luncheon plates, salad plates and chili bowls daily. I'm not a fan of the flat cereal bowls that come with the setting. We use them but not like we use the chili bowls. THe salad and luncheon plates are great for the kids - perfect size.

YouAreTheFocus
04-14-2013, 06:43 PM
I think those colors will be lovely, and fine for year round!

We have 12 place settings, each in a different color, DH & I both love the look. We started with 8 for our wedding and then added 4 more when new colors came out that we "had" to have :D

Cam&Clay
04-14-2013, 07:00 PM
I think those colors will be lovely, and fine for year round!

We have 12 place settings, each in a different color, DH & I both love the look. We started with 8 for our wedding and then added 4 more when new colors came out that we "had" to have :D

There's a new blue coming out in the next month or so--Lapis!

AngelaS
04-14-2013, 08:28 PM
We have scarlet, sunflower, shamrock, cobalt, peacock, and plum. I have it out on open shelving and love seeing all of the colors!

When I first switched over to it, a box arrived on a dreary, snowy April day. It was like sunshine in a box!

I have those six plus turquoise and tangerine. I love the rainbow! I have two of each color in plates, small plates, soup bowls and then one of each in java mugs. :)

Jen841
04-14-2013, 08:34 PM
I love all the colors...but I have white. I mix and match my white china for large events and have lots of white serving pieces. I am boring I know, but I love it still 13 years later.

Gracemom
04-15-2013, 01:07 AM
Get what you love and it will make you happy! I have had Fiesta ware for 12 years and I still love it. I add new pieces in new colors if I love it. I don't worry about matching.