PDA

View Full Version : Bathing Suits! Yikes!

DietCokeLover
04-14-2013, 04:52 PM
I am switching out dc's winter for summer clothes and I realize that I have 10 bathing suits for DS this summer! How on earth did I do this? DD has 1! The tags all show significant clearance prices, but 10?! We are in the pool daily, but this is crazy.

Anyone else find something they obviously went a little nuts on overbuying?

Momit
04-14-2013, 05:01 PM
Yes. :bag

MommyAllison
04-14-2013, 05:23 PM
I just realized I have 6 pairs of Converse shoes (all different colors) in the same size waiting for DD2 to get bigger. Not sure what I was thinking!!

babyzolo
04-14-2013, 05:54 PM
Last year I found i bought 20 short sleeved t shirts for DS. That's when I took a tip from here and started a spreadsheet for DS and DD.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

ilfaith
04-14-2013, 07:16 PM
I just filled two huge plastic bags (to send to my friend who has a 16-month old) with size 2T winter clothes that have been outgrown. We live in Florida where we have little use for sweaters and corduroys. Several items still had tags. I know I have an equal amount of "winter" clothes in size 3T that I need to go through.

trales
04-14-2013, 08:10 PM
:bag:

I found 11 size 6 Gymboree skirts today. Super cute, but too many. Great deals, but too many.

musicalgrl
04-14-2013, 08:51 PM
Great deals, but too many.

Yes to this. I should put a bag on my head based on what I just found in the basement for DS. I had been stashing clothes away, but didn't realize that I had a few tubs of the same size.

KpbS
04-14-2013, 11:01 PM
Yes, enough size 5 clothing for 3 DSs!

bisous
04-14-2013, 11:40 PM
I need to figure out what your secret is! Instead I find that I am constantly unprepared for my child to ascend to new sizes and consequently make desperate trips to the mall to find a decent pair of pants or one swimsuit for an upcoming trip. And usually by the time it is the proper season for the clothing, the stores have already moved on to the next season and I'm scrambling!

niccig
04-15-2013, 02:53 AM
I stopped buying ahead as I always forgot what I already had for DS. Added to that, DS is short and doesn't grow much in a year, so shorts that were a little long last year, are now the right length. He is still wearing a pair of calf length pants he got when he was 4, and he's 8 yrs old. They're now knee length, but he still fits the waist!

So i inventory when he needs as get close to each season, then like bisous, rush to get enough.

american_mama
04-15-2013, 03:34 AM
I need to figure out what your secret is! Instead I find that I am constantly unprepared for my child to ascend to new sizes and consequently make desperate trips to the mall to find a decent pair of pants or one swimsuit for an upcoming trip. And usually by the time it is the proper season for the clothing, the stores have already moved on to the next season and I'm scrambling!

Mostly I get the balance right of buying ahead(one year only) and tracking what I buy, but when I err, it's more in this direction.