PDA

View Full Version : What is going on with my baby?

L'sMommy
04-15-2013, 11:16 AM
I plan to discuss with the pedi but wanted to try and figure out what might be going on here. DS2 is turning 5 mos this week. He is both bottle and breast fed. Up until one month ago he was sleeping through the night (since 6 weeks old), and guzzling 4 oz formula per feeding (since two weeks old). One month ago, he started waking 3x/night to eat. As of 2 weeks ago, he drinks only 2 oz formula at a time. But the frequency of his feedings has remained the same (other than at night when he wakes 2 extra times). I tried cereal a few days ago and it did not settle well with him. He screamed for 2 hrs afterwards (off and on). This happened on 3 occasions. Now he will sometimes arch his back and scream for a while after taking 2 oz of formula, and sometimes with BF. Just yesterday I switched to sensitive formula to see if it made a difference. Does this sound like reflux? Teething? I am concerned he went from 4 oz formula to two. Faster nipple doesn't make a difference. The amount of time that he spends BF per session has remained the same.

westwoodmom04
04-15-2013, 11:56 AM
It sounds like the right age for teething. Maybe give him some teething toys (the kind you can make cold) and see if that helps.

AngB
04-15-2013, 12:01 PM
DS2 has been teething for about a month now, he's almost 6 months and chews on his hands like crazy. He's been really fussy too. No teeth have broken through yet though.