PDA

View Full Version : Silly poll: What do you take from the party veggie tray?

s7714
04-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Totally a silly poll, but I'm curious after we were talking about this at a recent get together!

sarahsthreads
04-15-2013, 02:52 PM
I like a number of things you listed (carrots, snap peas & sweet peppers), but my favorite is cucumber. :)

And I said I'd take a spoonful of dip, but actually, I only do that if it's a tray I put together or the actual dip container is there and I can read the ingredients, because most store-bought dips have MSG in them. :(

Sarah :)

BayGirl2
04-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Everything except peppers or olives, I hate both.

marymoo86
04-15-2013, 02:54 PM
Depends on if it is a homemade tray or store bought really if try the dip.

Generally I'll choose non dirty dozen veggies so no peppers/celery. I like cucumbers and kalamata olives as well. I checked carrots but eat them only if not "baby" carrots.

♥ms.pacman♥
04-15-2013, 03:00 PM
Usually nothing. I don't like raw veggies. :bag. Sometimes if im really hungry i will eat carrots dipped in ranch, but that's it. I can't stand what is typically in most veggie trays (raw tomatoes, broccoli, mushrooms, cauliflower, etc). My preschooler eats much more vegetables than i do (he will eat broccoli by the ton). I only can stand veggies if they're cooked and disguised with something (cheese, spices, etc). I will eat roasted asparagus wrapped in proscuitto, for example.

Am the only one on BBB who just doesn't like vegetables?? I've never been a fan but my aversion to them got really strong after i got pregnant and had children. Even the smell makes me shudder. That's part of why i bought a Vitamix..i felt bad i wasn't eating any veggies. I put fresh spinach in all my smoothies and i can barely taste it, so it works :)

MommyAllison
04-15-2013, 03:04 PM
Cucumbers here too! I like tomatoes from the garden but typically don't take them on veggie trays. Snap peas are my very fave though - yum! Now I want a veggie tray :)

lcarlson90
04-15-2013, 03:04 PM
My favorite is also cucumber!

mjs64
04-15-2013, 03:06 PM
And cucumber sticks, especially when cut in spears. (Cut cucumber in half across its equator. Then quarter it, cutting lengthwise.)

I also like 2 dips, like hummus plus ranch/dill/veggie dip.

Eta: didn't read PPs. Glad we all agree!

ilfaith
04-15-2013, 03:26 PM
The snap peas are my favorite...if you don't look out, I will eat ALL the snap peas off your veggie tray. I also like carrots and broccoli, and I will probably take a couple of cherry (or better yet, grape) tomatoes. I like sweet peppers, but they make me gassy. Cucumbers are meh (although if there are half sour pickles I will devour them). I don't care for raw asparagus, but remember once showing up at a party with some friends and a bunch of raw asparagus. Not such a huge fan of cauliflower and celery, and I only eat mushrooms in chicken marsala. I loathe olives (unless they are chopped up into some sort of tapenade). I will eat most dips...as long as they do not contain blue cheese or bacon. My favorite dips are the french onion made with Lipton onion soup, the Knorr spinach dip with water chestnuts, and a crab and cream cheese dip that my mom always made for parties.

georgiegirl
04-15-2013, 03:29 PM
I will pretty much eat all veggies. Celery is usually my least favorite, but I will eat it. I love raw veggies.

bisous
04-15-2013, 03:31 PM
Not a fan of raw broccoli or cauliflower but I like all the rest. I especially love snap peas and dip. :)

bisous
04-15-2013, 03:31 PM
Oh and DS1 LOVES relish trays. He'll eat the whole thing. I think its fantastic. :)

crl
04-15-2013, 03:49 PM
I'm not a big fan of raw veggies. So if there are other choices (fruit!), I will usually avoid the veggie tray.

Catherine

elliput
04-15-2013, 03:50 PM
Everything listed except the mushrooms.

s7714
04-15-2013, 03:54 PM
I totally never would have thought to put cucumber on a veggie tray! Might have to add that next time!

ArizonaGirl
04-16-2013, 12:34 AM
The snap peas are my favorite...if you don't look out, I will eat ALL the snap peas off your veggie tray. I also like carrots and broccoli, and I will probably take a couple of cherry (or better yet, grape) tomatoes. I like sweet peppers, but they make me gassy. Cucumbers are meh (although if there are half sour pickles I will devour them). I don't care for raw asparagus, but remember once showing up at a party with some friends and a bunch of raw asparagus. Not such a huge fan of cauliflower and celery, and I only eat mushrooms in chicken marsala. I loathe olives (unless they are chopped up into some sort of tapenade). I will eat most dips...as long as they do not contain blue cheese or bacon. My favorite dips are the french onion made with Lipton onion soup, the Knorr spinach dip with water chestnuts, and a crab and cream cheese dip that my mom always made for parties.

Your mom made this dip too, :wavey:

and I thought I was the only one.

ABO Mama
04-16-2013, 12:40 AM
Cucumber! I like English cucumbers.

Nooknookmom
04-16-2013, 03:04 AM
Fumes are my fave, celery, mushrooms...and dip unless I'm at a party where I don't know people and I won't take dip unless it's braaaand new. Ew to double dipping unless ur family!

essnce629
04-16-2013, 03:07 AM
Carrots and cherry tomatoes! And dip if I like it (I don't like the ranch dip that comes with the Costco veggie platter). When I have my own parties I make homemade ranch dip and dill dip.

klwa
04-16-2013, 07:01 AM
Carrots, celery, and cucumber usually, with a little bit of dip.

Seitvonzu
04-16-2013, 09:38 AM
can someone post the crab/cream cheese recipe? (live in maryland, thanks ;))

i love it all pretty much :) i'm surprised how many people don't like raw mushrooms-- yumyumyum :)

(i'm a raw veggie girl myself, more than cooked veggie)

boolady
04-16-2013, 09:46 AM
Carrots, snap peas, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, and I really love raw zucchini, either in sticks or rounds.

new_mommy25
04-16-2013, 12:52 PM
Cucumber and zucchini are two I like that aren't listed. Other than that I take carrots, celery, mushroom and pepper. I don't like raw tomato but I know many people do.

Indianamom2
04-16-2013, 01:26 PM
What...no cucumbers? Those are always my favorites.

YouAreTheFocus
04-16-2013, 02:11 PM
Your mom made this dip too, :wavey:

and I thought I was the only one.

Aww, my Mom made that, too! YUM!

As for the veggies, the first one I always go for is cauliflower! I LOVE raw cauliflower w/ dip or dressing. The poll isn't feeling the cauli love, though!

sweet_pea
04-16-2013, 02:27 PM
Carrots, cherry tomatoes and cucumber are my favorites. I don't particularly like raw broccoli, cauliflower and peppers even though I like them cooked.