PDA

View Full Version : Scrapbookers - what is the best/newest way to go about this now a days?

Jenny_A
04-15-2013, 07:05 PM
I want to get my digital photos into some sort of usable form. I'm guessing the best way to enjoy my photos is albums? Is digital scrapbooking the way to go now? Does that mean I make the album on something like Shutterfly and then have them ship me the physical album?

Any resources that might help me?

Thanks!

indigo99
04-15-2013, 09:22 PM
You can look at and enjoy your photos better if you put them in albums, but it won't be cheap if you're going to do a lot. I don't think that shutterfly has great quality in general. Picaboo sometimes has specials or coupons too, and they have an online program to help you design your books.

bigsis
04-16-2013, 12:43 AM
I do all Shutterfly photo books now.

Neatfreak
04-16-2013, 02:39 AM
I abandoned traditional scrapbooking when DD2 was born in 2008 and I realized that I had zero hope of ever keeping up to date with albums! I migrated to making photobooks instead, and I've been successful - my completed 2012 album arrived in the mail last month.

I use My Publisher for photobooks these days instead of Shutterfly (which is still my go-to for calendars) - it's pricier, but I don't mind b/c it's a higher quality product (I am smitten with the durability of the high gloss finish on the pages in particular), and there are always coupon codes. I had a 60% off one for my last book! I usually order a copy for each of my kids, and that is something that wouldn't work out very well with a traditional scrapbook.

Photobooks have move limitations with LO creativity, but that's one of the reasons why I can put together an album faster, and most photobook companies do have options for user-chosen backgrounds, text placement, font choices - and I also spend way less on the digital books than I did on a traditional scrapbook, which is really nice. I can spend more on upgrading my camera equipment instead :)