PDA

View Full Version : If you are fair, what color mascara do you use?

wellyes
04-16-2013, 08:43 AM
I am blonde and my skin is pinkish-pale, and I always wear brown or brown-black because I think I look silly with black mascara. But maybe I am missing the boat? Just curious what others do.

kep
04-16-2013, 08:53 AM
I am blonde and my skin is pinkish-pale, and I always wear brown or brown-black because I think I look silly with black mascara. But maybe I am missing the boat? Just curious what others do.

I am very light skinned with an olive hint, and I wear black all the time. It really looks fine, and I like the contrast with my skin.

mom3boys
04-16-2013, 08:59 AM
I am fair with reddish undertones to my skin. I use brown-black or "soft black". I've used black in the past for evenings out when I am wearing more eye make up than usual. That said, I've certainly never been great at picking out my make up, so . . . .

Also I have blue-gray eyes. If I had brown eyes maybe I would use black mascara?

KLD313
04-16-2013, 08:59 AM
I don't wear mascara a lot but when I do I wear black. I'm very light skinned but have brown eyes. When I was younger I wore navy which was nice, too.

Kymberley
04-16-2013, 09:05 AM
Blonde hair, blue eyes, and pinkish fair skin. I wear black mascara. My eyelashes are short and fair, I like that black highlights my eyes. Brown looks odd on me for some reason.

AnnieW625
04-16-2013, 09:09 AM
blonde hair, blue eyes, fair skin with yellow undertones. I wear brown or brown black as well. When I get mascara samples they are usually black and they look okay, but I just usually buy black brown out of habit (have since I was 16 or so).

jjordan
04-16-2013, 09:21 AM
I don't wear any, though I've heard that blonde people shouldn't wear black mascara. I have no idea where I heard that. It was probably back in some teen magazine when I was a teen (eons ago!). So take that with a grain of salt!

cvanbrunt
04-16-2013, 09:27 AM
Same coloring as you and I wear black.

okinawama
04-16-2013, 09:30 AM
Blonde hair, blue eyes, and pinkish fair skin. I wear black mascara. .
:yeahthat:

boolady
04-16-2013, 09:31 AM
Fair skin, medium brown with lighter highlights, brown eyes, always black mascara. I used to use black/brown, but decided I need the contrast of the black about 10 years ago and haven't looked back.

bostonsmama
04-16-2013, 09:44 AM
I have fair skin, light eyes, but am a brunette, so I wear every color under the sun: purple, blue, brown-black, soft black and black. I think the deepest, dramatic black looks best for a nighttime look or with a smoky eye. I don't wear mascara often. I'm more likely to wear a sweep of shimmer nudes in pearl and bronze with black-brown eyeliner without mascara than just curl my eyelashes and wear only mascara. If that were the case, I'd stick to a lighter mascara.

anonomom
04-16-2013, 09:46 AM
I"m a very fair redhead, and I wear brown mascara when I wear it. But frankly I think it looks too heavy and unnatural so I only wear it every so often.

Way back when, there was a company that made cosmetics just for redheads and I had their mascara. It was nice, but too light. I wish they made a nice light brown for fairer people.

liz
04-16-2013, 09:49 AM
Brown eyes, blond hair, I always wear black mascara (or brown-black if store is out of the black shade in my favorite masacara).

123LuckyMom
04-16-2013, 09:51 AM
I'm also very fair. My hair is darker now but used to be (colored) quite light blonde. I used to wear brown mascara until a makeup artist did my makeup and told me I should be wearing black. She said very few people should use the brown unless they are going for a specific look where the eyes are supposed to be downplayed. I think, though, if you think you look better with the brown, you should ask a few close friends for their honest opinion. Maybe you really do look better with the brown.

Melaine
04-16-2013, 09:52 AM
I'm really pale but my hair is very dark so I usually use black.

crl
04-16-2013, 09:57 AM
Black, but my hair is very dark brown even though my skin is very pale--paler than most red heads I have known even.

Catherine

Octobermommy
04-16-2013, 09:57 AM
I'm fair , light brown/auburn hair but I have dark eyelashes. I wear black.

marymoo86
04-16-2013, 10:09 AM
Dark brown with red highlights, fair skin and green eyes. I wear brown/black. Black looks too harsh on me and I don't want anything I apply to "age" me.

lalasmama
04-16-2013, 10:34 AM
I wear the brown-black too, and have similar coloring. Of note though, I only wear a medium brown eye shadow as well. My mom taught me it generally shouldn't look like you are wearing make-up unless its a night out kind of thing.

mmommy
04-16-2013, 10:58 AM
I"m a very fair redhead, and I wear brown mascara when I wear it. But frankly I think it looks too heavy and unnatural so I only wear it every so often.

Way back when, there was a company that made cosmetics just for redheads and I had their mascara. It was nice, but too light. I wish they made a nice light brown for fairer people.

:yeahthat: I have this coloring and have had the exact experience. I often forgo mascara and just use a brown eyeliner right where the lashes are growing instead.

Binkandabee
04-16-2013, 10:58 AM
I wear black and have similar coloring as you. For the longest time I wore black/brown, and picked up black by accident one day. Tried it and it's what I've been wearing ever since!

ABO Mama
04-16-2013, 11:27 AM
Blond hair, eyelashes, and brows...I wear black/brown mascara and brown brow groomer.

PunkyBoo
04-16-2013, 11:29 AM
I'm a redheaded with hazel eyes and fair rosy skin. I wear brown mascara daily - don't leave home without it! My lashes are so light I don't like the way my face looks without mascara. I used to be able to find an auburn mascara but the brown is fine so its not worth the trouble and expense to find the auburn. I recently tried a brown-black Mascara and it was fine for a night out but was too harsh/strong for day.

Momit
04-16-2013, 11:33 AM
I am fair with blue eyes and light colored eyelashes. I use brown or brown-black mascara. I've been curious about black but never tried it.

mackmama
04-16-2013, 11:45 AM
Blonde hair, blue eyes, and pinkish fair skin. I wear black mascara. My eyelashes are short and fair, I like that black highlights my eyes. Brown looks odd on me for some reason.

:yeahthat: Brown isn't dark enough for me. I like a soft black or black-blue the best. Dark black can look a little harsh on me - although I often wear it anyway since it's what I have in the drawer. :p

wendibird22
04-16-2013, 11:52 AM
fair skin and very lt brown hair with blonde highlights. I wear black-brown mascara daily.

bisous
04-16-2013, 11:56 AM
I'm blonde with blue eyes and pinkish pale skin. I wear black. It might seem harsh but I think it contrasts with my eye color nicely.