PDA

View Full Version : How lazy can you get?

mikeys_mom
04-16-2013, 10:04 AM
I'm the treasurer for our small synagogue. I initiated a program this year to save us several thousand dollars by issuing our own tax receipts rather than outsourcing it as we were previously doing. I issue all the receipts and since we are all volunteers, it took some time for the system to be up and running. We had all the receipts issued by the required deadline, mainly via email. We got a handful of people who's receipts were lost in cyberspace and I sent them a second copy. No big deal.

I get an email this morning from a member asking for her family's receipt for membership. I checked and they did a couple small donations via cheque that I issued the receipts for but the large membership payment was done through the third party we used to outsource to. I can't get her a copy of that receipt and told her to check with them if she can't find it as well as asked if she wants a second copy of the 2 receipts issued by us. She said she'd check for them and get back to me.

An hour later I get an email from her husband asking me for the link to the organization he paid the membership through so he can follow up. Seriously?!? Was that really necessary?!?! They have been members for several years and have made many payments online through the 3rd party. Would it have been that difficult for him to attempt to find the website on his own?
Then, after I send him the link he responds that the 3rd party can't find it, can I just issue it. Nope, I can't and I explain why. Then he asks me for the phone number of the organization. I go to the website and send him a link to the "Contact Us" page. Because clearly if you can't find a website on your own you can't navigate to the "contact us" page on said website!

Ugh. I get so annoyed when people are lazy about this stuff. Not to mention that he clearly didn't even pay attention to the receipts as they came in over the year. Dude, please get your act together before you start to bug me about stuff!!!

Only 2 more weeks until the tax deadline here and I can breathe a sigh of relief that I won't get anymore of these last minute urgent requests.