PDA

View Full Version : Well, That Will Teach ME!

StantonHyde
04-16-2013, 05:18 PM
I missed DD's school hot lunch order date. I got crazy with Spring break planning etc. So I am packing a home lunch EVERY day this month. ugh. I usually pack 1-2 days a week because she doesn't like the lunch but EVERY day. And the only thing she really likes in a packed lunch is a roast beef sandwich, broccoli with ranch, and fruit. Good for her for eating well. But talk about getting BORED. I am just waiting for the whining to commence.

Needless to say, I just emailed the school to find out when the order forms go online--this Friday!--so I will be prepared for May!

queenmama
04-16-2013, 05:35 PM
Ugh! I feel you. DS has taken his lunch every day this year (except pizza day Fridays) because I cannot plan ahead! Our school has lunches catered from various restaurants so they want our orders like yours, a month in advance. Never happens!

Lara

wellyes
04-16-2013, 05:43 PM
You have to order MONTHLY? Is that for all grades? We used to just bring money or not, on a daily basis......

essnce629
04-16-2013, 05:50 PM
I hate when that happens! That happened to me last week due to Spring Break as well. Luckily, we just have to order by the Thursday before the next week in order to get hot lunch so I only had to make lunch for one whole week. A month would drive me crazy!

AngB
04-16-2013, 05:51 PM
You have to order MONTHLY? Is that for all grades? We used to just bring money or not, on a daily basis......

:yeahthat:

ABO Mama
04-16-2013, 06:27 PM
:yeahthat:
This is what our school does. My DC have never eaten hot lunch at school (in 3rd grade now!). They eat the same lunch every day, with no complaints.

Indianamom2
04-16-2013, 06:36 PM
I despise how the hot lunch order has to be in so far ahead at DD's school. Two weeks ahead for us and I always forget. Of course, DD is so picky that she very rarely wants it. I do believe I have packed her lunch every single day so far this year. And maybe last year.

Of course, she only eats that half the time....

Mikey0709
04-16-2013, 06:37 PM
Same here...2nd grade and I think I have made peanut butter and jelly EVERY SINGLE DAY! At least I rotate the fruit, snack and drink??? That's ALL he'll eat.

infocrazy
04-16-2013, 08:51 PM
I am so glad we are daily. 99% of the time, the only time they get to buy is when we have no groceries or have a really rough morning. That would SOOOO suck to not have an option!!!

LD92599
04-16-2013, 09:10 PM
Our school changed from monthly to being able to buy a packet of 10 tickets at a time. i LOVE it. We usually pack lunch but it's nice to know that the hectic mornings or if DS forgets lunch, he has the option.

SnuggleBuggles
04-16-2013, 09:12 PM
Whoa. On any given day, the kids can pack or buy. No planning ahead of time. I hope they don't do that!

elephantmeg
04-16-2013, 09:32 PM
Whoa. On any given day, the kids can pack or buy. No planning ahead of time. I hope they don't do that!

here too! they order the morning of so they don't waste food (the teacher counts the # that have packed, then the # that want entree 1 and the # for entree 2 and notify the cafeteria). We send in money that goes on their account-I usually write $50-$100 at a time.

StantonHyde
04-16-2013, 10:29 PM
Yep, this is a small private school that does its own reheating of food. (no cooking) They have to have the order a month in advance. If your kid forgets that day, they will accommodate you--but I couldn't play that card every day for a month!

DS's school contracts with an outside firm--so much easier to use. They have 6 different choices every day. Easy peasy.

I went to public school where you could bring lunch money depending on the advertised entree or bring your own lunch. Oh well, the good ole days....

marie
04-16-2013, 10:32 PM
this is the BP so feel free to ignore...
can't she make her own lunch? she might expand her repertoire pretty quickly if she's making it herself...

Corie
04-17-2013, 08:27 AM
We send in money that goes on their account-I usually write $50-$100 at a time.

Us too. Makes it so easy!!

egoldber
04-17-2013, 09:34 AM
Ugh. We had to do that for younger DD's preschool hot lunches. It was a PITA.

StantonHyde
04-17-2013, 02:02 PM
She might be able to make her own lunch. We would have to do it the night before. I'll try it. I don't care if she eats the same thing every day for lunch--I eat the same breakfast and often the same lunch every day. But she has been interested in "cooking" lately so maybe this will work.

ilfaith
04-17-2013, 11:29 PM
We had to order lunch for the month in advance at our old (private) school. I hated it. Especially since my kindergartener's food tastes could change from one week to the next, so he might not want roast chicken on the second Tuesday in March. We missed the deadline once (and only once) so I had to pack lunches for all three boys...and these lunches also had to be kosher, dairy (while the school served meat lunches twice a week, no meat could be brought from home) and nut free. Huge PITA.

StantonHyde
04-17-2013, 11:50 PM
We had to order lunch for the month in advance at our old (private) school. I hated it. Especially since my kindergartener's food tastes could change from one week to the next, so he might not want roast chicken on the second Tuesday in March. We missed the deadline once (and only once) so I had to pack lunches for all three boys...and these lunches also had to be kosher, dairy (while the school served meat lunches twice a week, no meat could be brought from home) and nut free. Huge PITA.

Oh dear lord, that would have been the end of me!!!!