PDA

View Full Version : Mats and Anti-slip pads for new Honda Odyssey?

merianne16
04-17-2013, 10:25 AM
Hi Everyone,

We brought home a new 2013 Honda Odyssey on Monday and we are thrilled! We are planning to drive it until it dies so I want to keep it nice for as long as possible. What are the best options for floor mats that will fit well and not slip around? Also, is there such a thing as a mat or pad for some of the console storage areas that will keep things from sliding around when I drive? TIA!

Binkandabee
04-17-2013, 11:38 AM
I'm considering these for our Highlander:

http://www.hexomatsfloormats.com/

codex57
04-17-2013, 12:31 PM
We have the OEM cuz they gave us a freaking steal on them. Even the trunk mat that goes in the well.

Otherwise, I prolly would have gone Weathertech based on what people said in the odyssey forum I'm on.

AnnieW625
04-17-2013, 12:35 PM
We have a Honda Pilot and I have had great luck with the Rubbermaid mats that are $30 to $40 for a set at Target. We live in So Cal though the worst thing that gets in ours is sand and some dirt from hiking. I love being able to take them out and hosing them off.

FWIW we have OEM ones in our Passat and I like them a lot too.

I might look at OEMs for my Pilot when the current Rubbermaids need to be replaced. Ours are 6 yrs. old at least and just starting to show some wear so if we buy another set of Rubbermaids it's still a lot cheaper than WeatherTechs.

infomama
04-17-2013, 12:48 PM
Husky Liners are the absolute best mats without question. I've had mine for more than 11 years. everytime we get a new car we order a set for that vehicle.

georgiegirl
04-17-2013, 01:21 PM
We got the Honda all weather (or winter?) mats. They fit perfectly.

codex57
04-17-2013, 01:40 PM
We got the Honda all weather (or winter?) mats. They fit perfectly.

The problem with the Honda ones are that there's about a centimeter or two of carpet that isn't covered. Some of the better aftermarket ones have lips have go over so the carpet areas are completely covered.

I mean, it doesn't bother me much, but we don't track in too much crap. But, if it weren't for the price we paid, I almost certainly would have gone with an aftermarket mat like the Weathertech (Husky got great reviews too, I think it was down to color btw the two).

twowhat?
04-17-2013, 01:45 PM
We have the OEM ones as well since we got the dealer to throw them in for "free" at the end of our negotiations and they are FAB and fit so neatly (they even snap in!). We also got the one that goes in the trunk well and it is awesome. Agree with codex that it doesn't cover ALL the carpet but it covers what we need, and they NEVER shift since they snap in.

eta: we have an older model - 2008 - so things may have changed since then.

merianne16
04-17-2013, 03:13 PM
These are great recommendations for floor mats- thanks! Is anyone familiar with a rubber like liner I can put on areas like the console so my cell phone doesn't slide around? It would be nice to line some of the other drawer storage areas too so things don't rattle.

drako
04-17-2013, 03:28 PM
We also have the weather tech mats in our ody! They fit great even better than the ones from honda!

s7714
04-17-2013, 03:29 PM
I was just coming on to search for threads on mats! :D I took my mats out a couple days ago and scrubbed them. Made me wish I'd gotten the custom fit washable ones at the beginning!

I'd always planned to get these, but I think I'll check out the others people mentioned.
http://www.weathertech.com/product-education-center/floorliner-digitalfit/

stinkyfeet
04-17-2013, 04:49 PM
We have the digital fit Weathertech liners on our '12 Odyssey. We have had them on multiple cars and have always been happy with them!

KrisM
04-17-2013, 05:05 PM
I bought anti-slip pads from this seller on ebay, back in 2010 for my Odyssey. It doesn't look like he has them for the Odyssey anymore, but maybe you could ask? They work well and keep rattles down as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dash-Console-and-Door-Pads-Honda-Ridgeline-/350502914467?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item519b9a09a3

s7714
04-17-2013, 07:31 PM
I forgot to answer the console question. I just cut a small section of that grippy shelf liner stuff and put it in. That way if anything spills on it I can just toss it and cut a new one. I think I remember someone here talking about some custom console liners they got from eBay or etsy. It might have been on the Ody forums though.

stonecali
04-18-2013, 12:55 AM
Another vote for the Weathertech Digitalfit Mats!!!! They are pricey but so worth it. We got the front row over the hump, and the 2nd/3rd row combined. You have to take out the bucket seats to put the back mat in, but the only thing exposed afterward are the metal clips that the seats attach to - no more spill worries in between the seats. LOVE. Best "upgrade" we've done so far (we have a 2012.