PDA

View Full Version : How the HECK did a frog

Melaine
04-18-2013, 07:03 AM
end up in my guest bathroom and on the toilet seat, just staring at us?

Is this an April Fool's joke??

Seriously, this bathroom is in the very center of our house, no windows....did the Frog come THROUGH the toilet??? I'm quite unnerved by this frog and he just keeps staring at me!

sunshine873
04-18-2013, 07:50 AM
Ewwww. I don't have a problem with frogs, but I don't exactly want them hopping around through my house either. Like you said, my biggest concern would be how he got there & what else might get in that same way. Again...ewwww.

Snow mom
04-18-2013, 07:53 AM
I'm sure he didn't come through the toilet. Not knowing your house I have no suggestion of where he did come from. He's harmless though and I'm sure he'd be happier outside.

elliput
04-18-2013, 08:02 AM
The house I rented in Michigan had a squirrel get in through the toilet (the owner told me this, I didn't see it myself). Apparently he decided to investigate the plumbing vent on the roof.

I doubt you would find a frog climbing around on your roof though, so unless one of your girls brought it in, I'm at a loss.

Pinky
04-18-2013, 08:37 AM
end up in my guest bathroom and on the toilet seat, just staring at us?

Is this an April Fool's joke??

Seriously, this bathroom is in the very center of our house, no windows....did the Frog come THROUGH the toilet??? I'm quite unnerved by this frog and he just keeps staring at me!

This exact thing happened to us. It was just a small brown frog... Supposedly they can easily fall from the trees into the toilet vent pipe up on the roof. Some people recommend having those covered to prevent this. We saw our frog in the middle of the night and almost sat on it. LOL

MamaMolly
04-18-2013, 08:41 AM
In our last house we had frogs come in through the plumbing. In this house they come in under the gaps in the doors. And then they die. Yuck.

Melaine
04-18-2013, 08:50 AM
You guys should be proud of me. I put a jar over it, slid a piece of cardboard under, and carried it outside. He hopped away so I think he is ok. I fought the urge to knock him in the toilet and flush him.

I feel my humanity prevailed over my baser urges.

ETA: Thanks for the toilet vent on roof lesson....I had NO idea!! That is the only explanation that makes sense.

ang79
04-18-2013, 08:56 AM
We get them in our basement in the summer, just small ones. The girls are always excited and help us catch them and take them outside. Don't think I've ever found one one the main level, although I have seen tiny garter and black snakes upstairs - harmless enough but a bit un-nerving! We have woods around our house though, and its an older house, so I've come to expect these things once warmer weather hits.

kbud
04-18-2013, 08:57 AM
That's funny! We had one in the middle of our house upstairs! No idea how he got up the stairs.

mommylamb
04-18-2013, 09:16 AM
Funny.

Babybearsmom told me that she found a gecko in the kids' toy box last weekend.

mom2binsd
04-18-2013, 09:24 AM
Did you take a picture??? That would have been funny to see!!!

egoldber
04-18-2013, 09:26 AM
Yes, they are probably coming in through the vent.

Just an FYI, it is also possible for birds to get in that way too....

hellokitty
04-18-2013, 09:34 AM
Ick, I bet it was through the toilet. I have a friend in FL who has had snakes come up her toilet and she says that since then, she always has to check before sitting down, lol.

Well, I just found an earthworm in my house, but I know the culprit. 3 stinky boys (they spent time yesterday afternoon collecting earthworms and pill bugs outside, so one worm must have hitchhiked), but nevertheless it freaked me out, b/c somehow it got on my hand (must have been on the door molding or something when I walked past it) and I tried to scratch my nose and ended up freaking out when I saw something gross on my hand! For a minute I thought I had a bloody nose or something...

zukeypur
04-18-2013, 09:49 AM
My mom had the same thing happen several times last year. It ws in the middle of the house with no windows nearby, and there are no trees over her house. S weird.

lalasmama
04-18-2013, 10:36 AM
Ick, I bet it was through the toilet. I have a friend in FL who has had snakes come up her toilet and she says that since then, she always has to check before sitting down, lol.

ACK! This is totally one of my huge fears! Seriously, nightmare worthy!

katydid1971
04-18-2013, 10:42 AM
I use to rent an old house and there were frogs in the bathtub most mornings, they came up the tub drain from the sceptic tank I was told. My roommates BF would get rid of them for us.

Momit
04-18-2013, 11:06 AM
Good for you for getting him outside safely, OP. Frogs are probably good to have around since they eat bugs, right?

My DS would be THRILLED to find a frog on the toilet! Seriously, it would make his week.

PunkyBoo
04-18-2013, 11:10 AM
:yeahthat:
Glad you were nice to the frog. Karma :wink2:

fauve01
04-18-2013, 04:01 PM
my sister was surprised by a frog in her kitchen once. :)