PDA

View Full Version : Maternity Pillow Recs

Philly Mom
04-18-2013, 07:32 AM
When I was pregnant with DD, I slept with two king size pillows positioned around me. I kept wanting to buy a large pregnancy pillow but I did not like any of the covers, they were too itchy. Any recommendations for a pillow that has a smooth or soft cover. When pregnant I cannot sleep on my stomach (my desired sleeping position) or back. I need the pillow to make slide sleeping tolerable.

georgiegirl
04-18-2013, 08:09 AM
I just use a body pillow from BB&B. I bought a "fancy" pregnancy pillow, but the cover was scratchy. So I just got a regular body pilliw. They have better options for soft covers.

Philly Mom
04-18-2013, 02:26 PM
I just use a body pillow from BB&B. I bought a "fancy" pregnancy pillow, but the cover was scratchy. So I just got a regular body pilliw. They have better options for soft covers.

Thanks! Did you use a firm body pillow? Soft? Medium?

BDKmom
04-18-2013, 02:33 PM
I used the Snoogle. Cover for it seemed comparable to a low thread count pillow case. I really liked the support it gave me. I just used a regular body pillow my first pregnancy, and it helped some, but the Snoogle was much more comfortable for me.

georgiegirl
04-18-2013, 03:04 PM

I can't remember. I got it when I was pregnant with DD and she's 7.

ECUPirateMom
04-18-2013, 03:36 PM
I love my snoogle...my husband, on the other hand, dislikes having a 3rd wheel (as he calls it) taking up so much space in our bed!!

Sent from my SGH-T989

marymoo86
04-18-2013, 04:35 PM

:yeahthat:

I just used the body pillow I got for a ruptured disc/back surgery. Served me fine for that and while pregnant DD1. Working well now with this pregnancy too. I don't think it started out as soft probably medium but it is softer now and conforms well.

BDKmom
04-18-2013, 05:16 PM
I love my snoogle...my husband, on the other hand, dislikes having a 3rd wheel (as he calls it) taking up so much space in our bed!!

We have a king size bed, so was fine for us, but, you are right, any smaller sized bed and the size would be an issue with the Snoogle. But, I used that thing for as long after DD as I could get away with it!

roseyloxs
04-18-2013, 05:40 PM
I used the theraline pillow. I actually got it used off CL as a nursing pillow for my parent's house. I loved it so much I took it on the plane back home with me which was no small task since its not a small pillow. I used it for my third pregnancy and it was a Godsend. Its great for nursing as well.

Its a bit different then other pillows I have seen since it's kind of like a bean bag material inside but that makes it very malleable so you can put the support where you want it as you sleep.

Philly Mom
04-18-2013, 06:32 PM
I have a king size bed but am concerned that the snuggie would be too itchy for me. Ahh. Wish I could do a trial period.

stinkyfeet
04-19-2013, 09:05 AM
I used the Snoogle Mini for all three pregnancies. A previous poster is correct about the low thread count pillow case, but it did give great support and was a lifesaver.

http://www.amazon.com/Leachco-Snoogle-Compact-Sleeper-White/dp/B000KJZOWU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366376592&sr=8-1&keywords=snoogle+mini

Melaine
04-19-2013, 09:27 AM
I liked the Snoogle a lot but it certainly takes up a ton of space in the bed. I bought mine used about what I paid. Definitely worth it if you can squeeze it in the bed!