PDA

View Full Version : FAM Users with iPhones - Which App?

lizzywednesday
04-18-2013, 09:14 AM
Because I'm just not going to deal with spreadsheets & paper charts, and I have an iPhone, I went searching for fertility-monitoring apps that would work with FAM as presented in Taking Charge of Your Fertility, which is my current "nightstand" book.

Anyway, in anticipation of getting my period next week-ish, I'm looking to start charting so I can start using FAM as birth control.

Without signing up for either, I am looking at the (free) Selene Fertility system and the ($9.99) LilyPad FAM/NFP system most closely because their reviews seem OK and there are places to add notes, like my cramp/clot patterns and stuff that I'm looking to track in addition to fertility signs. Since it's on my smartphone, I'll always have my data with me, so I can go over it with my gynecologist at my next appointment, which I think will be an advantage. Cost is not an issue, as I have $20-ish in iTunes credits on my account, so if the pay app is better, I'll go with it.

So, if you have an iPhone and use an app for FAM charting, which one do you use?