PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever used the Tria laser?

MSWR0319
04-18-2013, 08:34 PM
I was just reading in Women's Health about the Tria laser. They recommended it for at home hair removal and say it's effective. Has anyone ever used it? Did your hair growth decrease? Just curious if it's worth spending the money on.

MamaInMarch
04-18-2013, 08:36 PM
I would be interested in it as well. On another board I belong to, someone's husband ordered it as a surprise (or was it here?? I get them confused) and it hasn't been very long but I am wondering how it is going so far.

lcarlson90
04-19-2013, 12:15 AM
I don't have one but I have heard that it works well on people who have dark hair and fair skin. It doesn't work very well on blondes which is why I haven't purchased one.

MSWR0319
04-19-2013, 08:03 AM
I'm really pale with very dark hair, so in that aspect I'm a good fit. I just am a tightwad!! I do have money stashed away from birthdays and an account I closed at my credit union and hadn't done anything with yet. Maybe I'll just take a chance.

tabegle
04-19-2013, 08:57 AM
I would be interested in it as well. On another board I belong to, someone's husband ordered it as a surprise (or was it here?? I get them confused) and it hasn't been very long but I am wondering how it is going so far.

It was here. My husband ordered it for me. I've had it exactly 3 weeks now so it's really too early to tell. I'm mostly doing my underarms religiously.

I read the reviews and watched youtube videos and that really helped with my expectations (specifically battery charge per session) For permanent hair loss, I think there is a slight reduction in my armpits.

I'm still excited about it's potential 3 weeks in though. If you have any questions, please let me know.

tabegle
04-19-2013, 09:28 AM
A couple of other things... if you've done laser hair removal elsewhere (I had my bikini done pre-kids) you are definitely a good candidate for the home version. It stings like a rubberband snap. There are 5 treatment levels, the higher the level, the more effective it is (also, the more the rubberband snaps! and the more drain on the battery). On my underarms, I can tolerate a level 4. On my legs, I can easily do a level 5 (except down by my ankles).

Doing the Level 4 or 5 on a full battery charge, I was able to get about 850 pulses out on my legs before the battery needed to charge again and it takes a good few hours to fully charge.

The overlap pattern Tria advises to use is really dense and therefore, really hard to follow. You move it only a 1/4 of an inch after each pulse. That's really hard to measure and adhere to, at least for me.

What helped is that Tria does advise approximately how many pulses per body area would be in a treatment. It's 200 per underarm. They also say to do the treatments a week apart.

I've done 3 treatments of my underarms, but the first 2 treatments, I didn't do 200 per underarm. 200 just seemed too high a number and I thought I covered the area sufficiently with what I had done. I decided to actually follow the instructions and do the 200 per underarm hoping it would yield faster results. I do my next treatment today.

My husband used ebates to get a small discount and ordered directly through Tria. Sephora also sells it so if you have any discount codes/coupons that might help with the price (I saw a 15% code posted in the Bargain forum... that would be a sweet deal! and then add in ebates!)

sidmand
04-19-2013, 11:17 AM
I've had mine for a bit but haven't religiously followed a schedule. I *think* it's working but haven't seen anything drastic. I am an ideal candidate though with pale skin and dark hair and I was tired of doing salon laser hair removal!

MSWR0319
04-19-2013, 12:17 PM
Sephora also sells it so if you have any discount codes/coupons that might help with the price (I saw a 15% code posted in the Bargain forum... that would be a sweet deal! and then add in ebates!)

This is exactly what I was thinking about doing!! I think I"ll give it a try.

minnie-zb
04-19-2013, 12:51 PM
How about using it on your face? For the chin and upper lip?

tabegle
04-19-2013, 01:29 PM
I'm lucky in that I only have about 3 stray black hairs that grow out of my chin. I AM trying to laser those.

I think my upper lip hair is too fair for treatment (and I don't do anything with it anyway - no bleaching, no waxing etc.)

minnie-zb
04-19-2013, 01:49 PM
I'm lucky in that I only have about 3 stray black hairs that grow out of my chin. I AM trying to laser those.

I think my upper lip hair is too fair for treatment (and I don't do anything with it anyway - no bleaching, no waxing etc.)

I wish I only had 3!! :bag

MamaInMarch
04-19-2013, 08:05 PM
I wish I only had 3!! :bag

Me too... PCOS is one mean bi7!h.

MSWR0319
04-19-2013, 08:23 PM
Me too... PCOS is one mean bi7!h.

:yeahthat:

Exactly why I want one!!

cvanbrunt
04-19-2013, 09:47 PM
I did my 4th bikini line treatment this week. I'm able to handle level 4 and its working great. After a month, there is much slower regrowth and I think it will be completely done in another 4 treatments. Will move onto armpits later since I don't find shaving my pits to onerous.

nupe
04-20-2013, 07:44 AM
I hadn't heard about this until this post...and now I'm in. I;ve had professional laser and it was $$ and took a long time, and of course the "package" wasn't enough treatments for me. I really couldn't pay that much (between treatment itself and childcare for when I go) to go another round, so perhaps this may be a better option for me. OP thanks for posting.

The tria brand calming gel is sold out at Sephora.com. Has anyone tried any other calming gels? I'll check my store later today.

nupe
04-30-2013, 11:56 AM
Has anyone tried it without the gel? Thinking I may get some aloe vera liquid instead.

ETA bought the organic aloe vera from Aubrey organics.

mommylamb
05-23-2013, 01:22 PM
There's a groupon today for a similar looking product. http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-laser-hair-removal-system-0?p=5&utm_source=channel_occasions_SUM-deals&utm_medium=email&sid=bf001430-0387-4f29-9102-f5cc28e4d6f2&division=washington-dc&user=ef18effae6187fde7a5848e8936bd9316e10b2116a195 87ee4c0b5fe7a7068e3&date=20130523&s=body&c=image&d=occasions_deal